Chapter 27: Preparing for War.

Kallie, Jackson, & several generals-one of which the first two knew, Gustavah-sat around a round wooden table. The situation was dire. Sean Harwain, the governor of Ireland, was supposed to convince the Demon King to only bring monsters. Obviously the king would accompany his soldiers but they didn't expect him to send demons to reinforce that portion of the army. With his own plan in motion already they had little choice but to cancel their trap.

Kallie: What are we going to do? Thanks to our failure of a plan, he's going to take Ireland in merely a few days. That land is close to many others too so he will quickly spread his army throughout other states.

Jackson: How can he cross the entire ocean in only a few days?

Kallie: He has technology far beyond ours thanks to all the creatures in his army, creatures who naturally have higher intelligence than a human with two hundred IQ. Not to mention he can infuse the special metal he creates with his powers, basically making it as strong as him. Though, I don't know if his powers can make the metal faster with it or not.

Gustavah: And without Vera, we have no real advantage against him.

Javier: You still have the blueprints for that one gun that can kill him, right? We can use that.

Kallie: That would only succeed in pissing him off now. Ever since he accepted himself thanks to his wife, he has grown far stronger compared to before.

Jackson: Yeah, he literally killed a small army of fake phenomenons, Vera, and destroyed several miles long and one mile wide of grassland. All of which he did with ease. Brute force won't stop him, not even out strategizing him.

Lucia: Why not out strategize him?

Kallie: Because he has spent his whole life revolved around war. He knows every strategy, counter measure, and how to think outside the box when planning. Not to mention he has the power to literally create an army within a snap of his fingers. That's how he's been able to conquer half the world already.

Grace: So then what do you suppose we do?

Kallie: Me? What makes you think I can beat him?

Gustavah: You're his sister, Kallie. That has to mean something to him, right?

Kallie: I...

~Flashback~

They sat on the ground and leaned against a still intact tree. She slowly rubbed his back like a big sister. He clung to her like a younger brother. The only sounds audible was his sobbing, but even that died down to mere whimpering the longer they stayed together. It must have been hours before either one of them spoke again.

Josh: I miss this, y'know.

Kallie: I know you do, and so do I.

Josh: But...we can't stay like this, can we?

Kallie: Then we'll enjoy every moment of it...my little sunshine.

~End of Flashback~

The memory warmed her heart but also made it heavy. She knew that was the last moment they would share for a while. But, the memory after their moment brought a smile back to her face. So, she spoke with confidence and looked into the eyes of every general at the table.

Kallie: We can beat him, I know we can. He bleeds so therefore he can be beaten. However, no matter what we do, I have to be the one to kill him.

Lucia: You say that like you can make yourself do it.