Chapter 23: No Matter What.

Kallie & her parents came through the white portal and fell to their knees in front of God while closing it behind them. He had a look of disappointment while his champion was panting heavily. Instead of helping her up, he tapped her forehead with his fingertip and instantly invigorated them before raising both his hands into the air. Suddenly, hundreds of thousands of heavily equipped angels materialize out of thin air and stand firmly planted to the ground in soldier standby mode. God then unsheathed his longsword and stared forward with an intense seriousness in his eyes, not facing anything but the endless, empty, and white platform in front of him.

Kallie slowly rose to her feet and helped her parents up. All three approached him with curiosity.

Kallie: What are you doing, God?

God: Preparing myself, my child.

Anthony: For what, Heavenly Father?

God remained eerily silent for a few seconds before answering, his brows narrowing in the process.

God: For him.

Before anyone could question him further, another white portal opened up around twenty feet away. Pure fear travelled through their bodies once they saw Josh step through and close the portal behind him. Features of every part of his mind was in clear sight. He had truly given up every part of his body for his mission, and it was obvious he had no intention to stop his conquest. He sprouted his wings and hovered in the air.

God stepped forward and, with great strength, used one hand to hold his longsword by the handle with one hand and point the bladed part of it toward the Demon King.

God: This is Heaven, vile creature! I, God, the Heavenly Father, order you to leave at once or face your destruction!

Josh began to observe God's vast army. After he calculated there to be around seven hundred thousand angels, he slowly descended to his feet and made his wings disappear. His piercing gaze met God's and they glared at each other. It was a battle over dominance before Kallie got between them, facing Josh.

Kallie: Josh, little brother...my little sunshine! Please, don't do this! Even you can't win this! Look how many angels there are! How can you possibly beat this?! Please, give up!

Josh: "Give up?"

His tone sounded angry, as usual. He took a step forward and it cracked the floor beneath him, sending an echo across the void.

Josh: Why would I?

One of the king's eyes twitched before his threatening frown turned into a menacing smirk. The fangs in his mouth showed with his bloodthirsty smirk. He took another step forward and got the same result.

Josh: Especially now knowing even God is afraid of me?

God: I fear the darkness and rage consuming your soul, not you.

Josh: But even still, you're going to try and kill me, are you not?

God remained silent before Anthony & Amelia took a step toward their son.

Anthony: Son, please...

Amelia: Don't do this. We know you don't want to.

Josh: You "know," huh? What do you think, God?

The pair turned to their leader and saw a slightly worried but serious still expression.

God: Indeed, he does.

Josh: Wrong.

Again, they turned to their son. His smirk faded into his usual frown before speaking again. He looked directly at Kallie with a sadness in his eyes.