Chapter 22: Accepting the Roles.

~One Week Later~

Kallie: Oh no! Oh no! Oh no! Shit!

Kallie jumped behind a corner just as a beam of pure red energy was shot at her. She was being chased by an army consisting of at least six hundred demons through an abandoned city with Josh leading them. Their mission was very clear: capture her, no matter what. So for the last hour and a half, Kallie has been dodging spears, energy blasts, flying and running demons, demons so big they crushed buildings with their hands, and demons so fast even she could barely avoid them. She knew it was Josh that sent them, considering these demonic creatures were considerably more powerful than the average ones in his army.

Kallie was panting heavily while laying on the ground.

Kallie: Jesus...Christ! Come on...now! How many...of these...things...are there?!

The former princess of Adar shot to her feet just as ten heavily armored eight foot tall demons came around the corner. A growl escaped her lips as she felt rage slowly fill her being. She quickly used her super speed and strength to kill them before running away as fast as she possibly could. Though, even that wasn't fast enough when twenty demons suddenly caught up with her.

 Though, even that wasn't fast enough when twenty demons suddenly caught up with her

Kallie: Not good!

All twenty of them launched themselves at her but she sprouted her wings and flew up, only to be tackled to the ground by some kind of fire demon before she kicked it off.

Kallie: I just need to hide! Where can I hide?!

Using her monster vision, she saw an empty building three blocks away. She quickly reached it undetected and hid in an empty room. The woman fell to her knees before falling face first on the floor. Sweat was pouring off her and she felt lightheaded. A phenomenon may have exceptional stamina but even she and Josh could get tired.

Kallie: Just...gotta catch...my breath.

All of a sudden, the entire building was engulfed in a black beam of energy and Kallie was launched hundreds of feet into the air with smoke radiating off her. Thankfully, she had hardened her skin before getting blasted. She quickly spread her wings to fly but was stopped when a hand grabbed the back of her throat before throwing her straight into the ground. Pained surged through her body, but, unfortunately, she didn't even have enough time to scream. The same hand grabbed her throat again and lifted her off her feet.