Chapter 29: The End of it All.

The final battle ended days ago. During the meantime, the construction workers of the Demon King's army had transformed the city. Their rules, punishments, and society were now just like the rest of the world. They had no choice in the matter. Nobody dared to reject him now.

While the world feared him, it also flourished. Famine, pestilence, war, racism, unfairness, unjust laws, a poor justice system, poverty, pollution, theft, murder, cheating, lying, it all became a thing of the past. He had done what he set out to do. The world was rid of all sin and the only ones who remained alive were those who wanted to be in a world worth living; his world. However, there was one last obstacle left before it was complete.

Kallie was chained to the point where not even her head could move. For days now, she had not been fed, given water, allowed to sleep, and be able to use her powers. The cell that contained her was specifically created for the king, if he ever became a threat to his own people. The walls were made of the same metal that cancelled his powers. There was no chance of escape for her.

Suddenly, the vault door opened to reveal her younger brother. He wore armor fit for a king like him. It radiated darkness and malicious intent. Though, it only made her faintly smile at him.

Kallie: Before you ask, yeah, that's pretty convincing

The young man smiled at his older sister and chuckled a little.

Josh: Thanks, that's what I was going for.

Josh summoned a simple metal chair in front of her, the armor protecting him from the affects of the surrounding metal. Snapping his fingers, the chains released her and he caught her before gently setting his sister down on the chair. He then summoned a cup with water and a plate with bread. Without a moment of hesitation, she began devouring it, only taking small breaks to speak. Knowing she wanted the seat, he crouched down to be at her height and couldn't help but strike up a conversation.

Josh: That battle was really something, huh?

Kallie: Yeah, it was pretty chaotic.

Josh: I'm sorry for hitting you that hard.

Kallie: It's fine, you had to do it. But hey, at least we now know who would win in punches, right?

They both laughed for a while before bumping their fists.

Josh: Yeah, and sorry about not reviving your army. I couldn't do it or else I would look very suspicious.

Kallie: It's fine, you gave them a fighting chance anyway, right? It's not your fault they-...Actually, it is your fault they didn't win. Never mind.

Again, they both laughed before continuing.

Josh: How's the food?

Kallie: Great, I haven't eaten anything in days.