Chapter 14: The Pain He Holds Within.

A look of fear and worry showed on Zoe as she looked down at her former lover. The dagger had stopped barely an inch from his heart. She couldn't do this. Zoe couldn't kill Josh, no matter how evil he had become. Even if their relationship didn't last long, they shared happy memories together.

No matter how evil, scary, and more of a monster he became...she still felt a longing for him.

Zoe: Why am I doing this? I won't-no, CAN'T kill my love! He means everything to me, even if our relationship was short. I can't hurt him...even if that means he'll kill me.

Drew: What are you doing?!

Alex: Kill him!

Zoe's expression grew angry as she glared at her friends. She moved the dagger away from Josh's heart and by her hip.

Zoe: No! I love him and I can't do this to him!

Rachael: What?! Get out of the way then!

Rachael shoves Zoe off Josh and sat in his lap before raising her dagger high.

Rachael: This is for Sam and Tyrone, you bastard!

She began to close the distance between her dagger and his heart. Just before it could pierce his skin, Rose used her hand without the dagger in it to punch Rachael a few feet off him. Violet followed the turns of betrayal and used her temporary phenomenon powers to shoot two balls made of force at Drew & Alex, hitting them directly in the chests.

(A/N: Josh's force energy looks like this in ball form, just so you know.)

Nancy quickly helped her brothers back to their feet while Jackson helped Rachael

Jackson: You traitors! What are you doing?!

Rose: The RIGHT thing!

Violet: Josh has suffered a LIFETIME of pain because of humanity, the world, and us! When we were younger, we, Kallie, and Cole were his family, but we betrayed him the first time he failed to protect us! He is right about us! We practically threw him away the first time he failed to protect us! It was wrong of us and yet we continued to do more! We betrayed him again and even tried to kill him several times! I admit we didn't know about this part though but we even almost gave Cole Josh's powers! The same powers he had to work hard to get for years! What we did wasn't right! He's not the bad guy, WE are!

Drew: Don't be such a stupid bitch!

Alex: Yeah, WE didn't force him to go down his evil path!

Jackson: And WE didn't force him to start a war with us and all of humanity!

Josh: I wasn't born a monster, y'know.

They all looked back to Josh and saw standing there. His claws, skin, eyes, and hair all turned back to normal and his horns and wings went back into his body. His expression but hard but also wielded something they had not seen him have in a long time, weakness.