Chapter 19: His Trigger.

(A/N: I'm gonna be putting pictures of everybody in this chapter. Just in case some people have forgotten what they look like, I thought this would be a good reminder.)

~Timeskip One Week~

It has been a whole day since the party. The rebels were quickly cleaned up. Every soldier in the castle searched up and down for Vera, but could find no trace of her. As many could imagine, both the queen and the princess were fuming because of this. Diana berated every general, Shirintia & Vixen until their fear for her equaled the amount they felt toward their king.

After that, Kallie & Diana practically locked themselves in the medical room Josh was in. Normally, they would just go about their business, knowing he would come out fine like he always did, but not this time. They stayed by his side every second, only leaving when they had to clean themselves or use the bathroom. What made their reactions different this time was the fearful look on his face when she was controlling him. They didn't know why he was afraid though, considering he had been controlled multiple times before in his life.

However, they knew he needed them right now, even if he didn't.

The creature that always fixed him up when he couldn't use his healing powers had already healed his wounds good as new

The creature that always fixed him up when he couldn't use his healing powers had already healed his wounds good as new. It did every medical exam possible but found nothing wrong with him. Of course, this scared the two women. On one side of him, Kallie sat next to the medical bed and looked deep in thought. While on the other side, Diana was sitting in a seat as well and holding his hand.

 While on the other side, Diana was sitting in a seat as well and holding his hand

Neither of them had said anything to each other since day one of Josh's rest. At least, not until they heard a knock at the door.

Diana: Who is it?

???: It's Ezra, my queen. May I come in?

Diana:...I guess so.

Ezra opened the door before closing it behind her. She attempts to kneel in respect before Diana holds up a hand to stop her. It was clear she was still in distress having to watch her husband, knowing she can't do anything to help him.