Chapter 24: Hush Now.

~Timeskip One Hour After Fight~

Kallie: Let me see her.

Her voice was laced with both anger and desperation while she held someone up by the collar of their shirt. This particular person though was the newly promoted right hand man of Vera, the leader of The Pack. Also known as the only rebellion against her little brother that hasn't been crushed. The same rebellion whose remains were being held up in a crowded bar in one of Josh's many cities. After God fell to him, not to mention her parents, it became apparent to her she needed help that could actually stop him.

The man tried to pull out a pistol but was quickly stopped by a calm and joyful voice to his right. Vera appeared beside them out of now where, holding a beer in both hands while leaning on the bar table.

Vera: Enough, you uncivilized morons. I assume you're here for a particular reason, Kallie?

Remaining serious, Kallie tossed the man to the side before facing her.

Kallie: I'm here to make a deal.

This raised the human's eyebrows to her forehead. Apparently she wasn't expecting that. However, the statement made her smirk.

Vera: Oh? And what kind of deal is that?

A dark purple suddenly appeared next to them and Kallie reached into it without so much as a glance. Of course, Vera was put on edge because of this. Especially when she pulled out an entire left arm and slapped it on the bar table. After all, it wasn't everyday something like this happened. However, she kept her composure and stayed serious.

Vera: Is that fake or real?

Kallie: Real, and it's Josh's.

Vera: The Demon King?!

Her eyes shot open upon hearing this and she started touching various spots of the limb.

Kallie: Yes. Now...

Kallie grabbed her arm and yanked her attention back.

Vera: The arm of the Demon King? With blood that can make you as powerful as a phenomenon for who knows how long? And with this much? This must be a pretty serious deal if you're willing to offer me this.

Kallie: It's not an offering.

The rebel leader gave her frenemy a suspicious glare before continuing their conversation.

Vera: Then what is it?

Kallie: A way for us to beat Josh, together this time.

Vera: And what makes you think I would work with you after our last botched deal?

Kallie: I should be asking you that, considering you're the one who betrayed me.

Vera let out a chuckle before her smirk widened.

Vera: You got a fair point. However, that brings up another question. How do you know you can trust me?

Within a blink of an eye, Vera was suddenly off her feet and pinned against the wall. Kallie had grabbed her throat and was now slowly choking the life out of her. Every rebel in the bar jumped to their feet and pointed their guns at her. However, they all fell to the ground once Kallie used one of many powers she & her brother shared, paralysis. She then glared into Vera's eyes with fury that could rival her brothers'.

Kallie: I'm willing to bring down the entire civilization my brother has built, slay the armies he has raised, and side with the very species who are the source of all his pain and suffering to stop him from conquering the world. What makes you think I won't kill you and steal your power?