Chapter 25: Our Moment of Peace.

The demise of the Demon King had just happened. Kallie's bullet penetrated his skull and instantly brought the cold hand of death with it. His body leaned forward and fell over the edge, disappearing from sight. Everyone stood still, not quite sure if they should move or not. The whole world just witnessed the death of a phenomenon.

Unbeknownst to them, Diana & Vixen were watching the whole scene. Vixen loosened her grip upon seeing her king die. Diana, however...was outraged. She broke free of the Fox's grip and bursted through the closet door, surprising the two women and demons in the room. Without stopping, she ran past a shocked Kallie & Vera before diving off the balcony.

How could his own sister do this to him? How could she rob him of a peaceful future with his children? How could she claim to be better when she was doing what he had been doing? How could she possibly think his life goal, his vision of a world worth living, be evil? Who did she think she was?

No, she had not right. She had no right to rob him of a future where he didn't have to be seen as a monster, an abomination. She had no right to rob him of everything he built, everything he is. She had no right to end his life when he gave up everything for the ones he love. Therefore, Diana couldn't accept it.

Diana felt the wind on her face as she cut through the air like an arrow. They soon collided and she wrapped an arm around his torso. With her free hand, she wiped the blood from the back of his head and licked it. The affects immediately hit her. Power that rivaled his coursed through her veins.

In an instant, her body transformed to mirror his, excluding her feminine features which stayed the same size but changed color. Her wings sprouted and carried them onto the roof of the palace. There, she gently laid his corpse onto the cold stone. However, all she felt was anger, not an ounce of grief.

Diana: You are not going to leave me, Josh! You are not going to stop your mission halfway through! You made a promise! A promise to make the world worth living! For me, our future children, the people of our kingdom, and yourself! This is NOT where your story ends! Not here! Not now!

She grabbed the collar of his shirt with both hands and yanked him up. Their faces were a mere inch apart.

Diana: Now wake up and finish what you started! Show them why YOU are the Demon King! Show them why YOU are going to change the world! Show them why YOU are the strongest in the world! SHOW THEM WHO YOU ARE!!!!!

With that, she smashed their lips together. During it, she channeled his new powers over life and creation. Slowly, his wounds healed as newfound energy flooded his body. Josh's eyes shot open with a start. His veins were boiling and his body acted on its own. Rage...pure, unrivaled fury took control of every fiber of his being.

Diana pushed him away and he let out a growl so deep it rattled the roof beneath their feet. She watched as his predatory instincts took control and he got on all fours like an animal. His massive, intimidating wings sprouted from his back as his tail grew as long as his body with sharpened spikes trailing down his back and ending at the tip of his tail. She wasn't scared, because she knew he would never harm her. But, she did know what he wanted, and that was spilled blood.

Diana: Go take back our kingdom, love. Rip them apart and make them suffer!

Without so much as a nod, Josh ran off the edge and landed on the balcony, but was surprisingly followed by his wife. Laid on the ground in front of them was Vixen, knocked unconscious by none other than Kallie, accompanied by Vera, of course. Both groups glared at the other, ready to end each other without a moment of hesitation. Except now, the king was being driven completely by impulse, and it was saying the same thing on loop in his head.