Chapter 12: Humanity or Family.

~Kallie's P.O.V.~

Kallie watched as her friend and little brother glared each other down with a fire in their eyes so intense it could rival the sun.

Kallie: This isn't going to end well! Josh is gonna kill Jackson! I have to do something!

Just as the two men began charging toward one another, Kallie suddenly found her strength again. She tore herself free from Josh's purifiers and managed to grab ahold of his leg, nearly making him topple over like a collapsing building. This gave Jackson enough time to take full advantage and tackle him through several walls thanks to the added strength of Kallie's blood, who shot to her feet just in time for Scarlet, Silvia, and Avador to get into fighting stances. However, their battle only started again when Aura suddenly appeared in the room as if she teleported. Instead of having gauntlets though, her only weapon was a long staff that reached from her feet to her chest made up of unknown metals that had a rose hovering over it.

Kallie: What the hell?!

Aura: Hello, you fake phenomenon. Time to die like the rest of the pitiful humans around you.

Suddenly a loud smack was heard and Kallie saw Jackson fly past her and into Avador, who caught him by the collar of his shirt.

Avador: Master giving you a hard time, fake phenomenon?

Jackson: Screw off, asshole.

Avador: Not surprising, master hates fake phenomenons the most, even more than humans, because they are simply using cheap ways to copy the powers he has worked so hard to get over the years. Well, except the ones he was born with but he's had to work extremely hard over the years to make them as strong as they are now.

Jackson: I said SCREW OFF!!!!!

Using the strength of a phenomenon, Jackson kicked Avador in the chest with enough force to send him crashing through a wall, forcing the purifier to release him.

Josh: We're not done yet, Jackson!

Turning on his heels, Jackson saw Josh emerge from the smoke of some debris before grabbing his throat and slamming him into the ground. Kallie used this as her chance and tried to push Josh away from her friend, only to be bashed in the hip by a powered up war hammer belonging to Scarlet. As Kallie slid a few feet back and recovered, Josh's purifiers surrounded her.

Kallie: Crap, I can't take all four of them on. Josh has always been the best at military things, combat especially. There's no way I can beat him even IF I somehow manage to beat his purifiers. And I've already healed a lot. I can't keep exerting my healing ability like this or else I won't be able to heal while fighting Josh. This isn't looking good for me...

Just before the purifiers could attack, they all heard what sounded like war cries. Kallie smiled, instantly recognizing their voices.

Rose: STAY AWAY FROM HER!!!!!

Violet: GET THEM!!!!!

Drew&Alex: RRRAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Nancy: FOR HUMANITY!!!!!

Rachael: YOU PURIFIERS ARE GONNA PAY!!!!!

Zoe: TIME FOR SOME ACTION!!!!!

(A/N: For those who don't remember Rachael or Zoe, let me remind you. Zoe is the daughter of the man who formed a cult to worship Josh when he came back from the camp. As for Rachael, she was one of Josh's friends that grew up in the orphanage.)

All of her friends charged toward the purifiers, determined to take both Josh and his army down. They managed to get the attention of the purifiers, giving Kallie the opportunity to stand in between her little brother and Jackson, who was sitting on the ground trying to recover. Josh's eyes landed on her and a growl escaped him. If she didn't know any better, she would have sworn it was like staring into the eyes of death itself.