52- We're Cute

"You so cheated!" Colton yells at me

Every Christmas, it's tradition we play a game, the one this year was Monopoly. I don't know why we chose to play this game, it always ends in us fighting but we did. There's no going back now.

"I did not! The card said move anywhere on the board so I did!" I smoothly lie to my brother, I always cheat at this game.

Both Beck and Caleb, sitting on the opposite side of the board, shoot me knowing grins. They both knew I was cheating.

"Fine" Colton just slumps back on the floor. The only ones playing were the twins, Caleb, Beck and I, Colton and Arya. All the little ones were running around the backyard with Tiny while our older siblings were probably in the kitchen or something talking to our parents.

I just smirk at Coltons defeat as Arrex rolls the die, taking his turn. We all liked to hope we'd win this game but it almost always goes to either Ace or Beck. They were both freakishly good at this game.

"God this game takes forever" Arya huffs

"Yeah wanna come with me to get food?" I grin over at her

"Didn't you just eat?" Caleb questions, even though he of all people, know how much I can eat

"Yeah" I grin as I get up, not failing to playfully push his head as I walk passed him. He just chuckled as he watches me walk back before turning back to the game, I can't help but smile.

Every Christmas Kay makes these toasted bread things with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, onions and almonds. They are so good, we usually devour them within minutes, this year she made extra though.

I grab a few of those off the counter before sitting beside Ryan, leaning my head against his arm.

"I'm happy you're home" I smile, "I missed my big brother"

"I know bellaboo" he kisses my head with a grin

"How happy are you to see Lace?" I grin at him, we've all known for years about those two, it's always been the right people wrong time situation for them.

"Unbelievably happy" he smiles "She's still her" I watch him glance over at her, by the stairs talking to Mal and Kate.

"And you're still you, you should go for it"

"Not us anymore" he shrugs "Lance and I are leaving soon and she lives hours away" he sighs with a grin

"You guys would be cute"

"Bitch we've been cute before" he laughs "Just not right now, She's cute, I'm cute, just not together yet" he states

I just shrug before standing up again, hearing all of them yelling for me to come and take my turn.

"I'm coming!" I yell back as their whining becomes more insistent "God I hate them"

----

"How long have we been playing this?" Arya groans, grabbing some more chips from the bowl I'd brought over half an hour ago

"We are now on hour three" Caleb huffs, leaning back from moving his piece to his previous position of laying across my legs.

"I'm starting remember why we never play this game" I huff as I start to play with Co's hair. It was beyond soft, I'd always loved his hair. Whenever I stopped he would nudge my hand or poke my arm, just something to let me know he didn't want me to stop.