62- Bandaid on a Broken Heart

"Why are you two so quiet?" Beck snorts as we all sit around the lunch table. It's Friday, almost a full week since Co and I last talked.

I miss him.

"Tired" we both respond at the same time, not bothering to look up from our lunch trays. We'd both been quiet all week, we no longer walk with each other, we no longer mess around in our classes, we just don't interact.

And we leave for Chicago a week from today. Great.

Six nights without him sneaking in and six nights ending in me falling asleep, with a tear stained face. I hated that I was hurting this much.

I don't get hurt like this for this long. It happens. I'm sad for a few hours, then I shut out my emotions and ignore the situation all together. It's always been that easy. I don't deal with my emotions, I didn't have time to, so I just erased them all together. Ignoring that they ever existed in the first place for a while.

It's hard to ignore the situation though when it still gets me coffee every morning, silently leaving it on the counter for me to grab.

It's hard to ignore the fucking situation when it sits next to me in every class. Our seats had already been permanently assigned.

It's hard to ignore everything when every ounce of my soul and body is telling me to go to him.

"O-Kay" Beck says slowly "Are you guys excited for Chicago?"

"Yeah"

"Yep"

"I'm so fucking excited" Jordan grins, ending the awkward tension that had taken over our table "Especially having our little tour guide by our side, I can't wait" he throws his arms round me as we eat, all returning to a somewhat peaceful silence. Em had joined after getting her food, her and Arrex now engaged in some argument over something comically stupid like usual. Amy was here too, laughing and talking about anything and everything with Beck, Ty, Wes and Jordan.

"I'm gonna go to the library" Co states out of nowhere, grabbing his tray and bag and leaving.

"What's up with him?"

"How would I know" I roll my eyes, before grabbing my phone. I mentally scold myself for saying this, no one knew that we weren't together anymore. Some of them didn't even know we were together in the first place.

"Well you guys are-wait" Jordan stops himself as he looks at me, sadness taking over his eyes

"Don't look at me like that, I don't wanna talk about it." I state. I'm trying my best to block out everything, and I plan on doing just that.

"Belle-" he goes to talk again but I cut him off

"I'm good Jordan" I stare at him "Perfectly fine. Now I have to pee" I get up just like Co did, and toss my tray in the garbage can as I pass.

I do go to the bathroom, but instead of going back to the lunchroom, I make my way to the science lab. It was peaceful there and I loved to look at some of the labs other grades were doing. Freshman honors bio, was currently running an experiment on the effects nd development of antibiotic resistance. Sophomore honors chem was doing a color and light study, so in their section, they had all the special papers splattered with colors. They did a lot of the fun experiments, once you got to Junior and senior science classes though, we all got our classrooms equipped with science labs, we didn't have to share any.

My favorite one here was the germ study, I'd always loved microbiology and honestly just bio in general.

After looking around for a little bit I decide to go to Anatomy early, surely Mrs. Ria's already there, I know she wouldn't mind me going in early.