Chapter 13

"What do you want to show me in a basketball court?" I asked putting my hands in the pocket of his hoodie that hung freely on my body.

"What I want to show you isn't here but we have to play a game of basketball first" he picked a ball from where they were kept, bouncing it.

"I don't think that's a good idea," I laughed.

"Why?" He looked up at me.

"Well except you want to see me die of shortage of oxygen it'll be a good idea for you."

"What do you mean?"

"If you have an inhaler then I'd gladly play," I shrugged.

"You're ashmatic?" Surprise laced his voice.

"Yes, that's why I don't take PE," I nodded.

"It's that severe?" He held the ball by his waist, under his arms.

"Yes that's why I take my inhaler everywhere I go." I shrugged.

"You're with one now?"

"No," I shook my head.

"Oh," a look of disappointment flashed his features but it disappeared as soon as it appeared.

"Yeah, so you just play and I'll watch you," I walked to the seats.

"No, we'll play together but not a hard game, come on," he pulled me back.

"What are we playing?" He stopped at the middle of the court.

"Just a mild one, I'll go easy on you and if you notice that your breathing is getting too hard just let me know and we'll stop." He bounced the ball on the concrete ground once again.

"How are you sure nothing's going to happen?" I aimed to take the ball from him.

"Because I have an ashmatic brother with a serious case like yours and he has never had to use his inhaler while playing," he blocked my attack on the ball with his body.

"Okay if you say so," I aimed for the ball again.

After thirty minutes of playing and I knew I couldn't go further I stopped the game. The game was so much fun that I had to pull off his hoodie mid game just so I could win him. It was useless actually because his tall body and muscular build blocked all my attacks.

It was actually refreshing and I had forgotten that I had cramps merely an hour ago.

"Remind me to kick your ass next time," I took a towel from the pile he just brought from inside.

"Of course baby, I'd love to see you try," he laughed.

"Are you laughing at me?" I quirked a brow.

"Maybe," he shrugged.

"You're so dead." I threw the towel at him and ran after him.

"I taught ashmatic people don't run!" He yelled running back into the house.

"Oh now we do," I was catching up with him. He was probably running slowly just so I wouldn't have an attack at the end.

He ran into the living room and I miraculously tackled him to the ground. I was straddling him, my hands wrapped around his neck and I was lightly choking him.

"Okay... I'm sorry," he managed to say between fits of laughter.

"What did you say, I can't hear you," I taunted.

"I said I'm sorry-next time-you-you'll-kick my ass," he apologized again.

"Very good," I laughed releasing my grip on his neck.