Chapter 18

It was Monday once again and as usual I got dressed for school, went down for breakfast and drove to school.

I haven't seen or heard from Devin since Saturday and that has me a bit worried. I don't know if he remembers Friday night or not and I'm silently praying that he doesn't or that Jasper didn't tell him about it.

Jasper has been present but also absent. He came back home on Saturday very late and on Sunday morning he was out very early. He came back late on Sunday night too so I didn't get the chance to talk to him.

I didn't see him this morning when I came down so I'm guessing he went out very early too. I met Paige in the kitchen and she ended up carpooling with me.

As Paige and I stepped out of the car this morning we noticed that all the students in the school were all hauled up in a spot close to where I parked my car. Out of curiosity we both moved closer to see what was going on.

"Excuse me," I pushed my way through the crowd of people.

The sight ahead got me shaking my head. Devin was stepping out of his black BMW. I  don't know much about his car but I do know that it was one of those crazy ass cars that was super expensive. He had been saving up for the car for a while now and his dad wanted to buy a new car for him so he just added his savings to the money from his father to buy this one.

He hardly uses this car and whenever he does it's to show off. He uses his Aston Martin instead.

His eyes met mine and he grinned, waving me over. I walked over to him, a goofy grin on my face.

"Show off," I slightly swatted his arm.

He laughed, "you know me too well."

The air around us didn't shift so that means that he doesn't remember Friday night or he just chose to ignore it.

"Hey Devin," Paige greeted him and he nodded in her direction.

He placed his hands over my shoulder as we made our way inside the building. Paige beside us.

When we stepped inside Devin excused himself to go get his schedule. By my locker, Jasper was standing waiting for me.

"Hey," I said turning in my combination.

"JJ," he smiled at me.

I opened my locker and dumped my bag into it, taking out the books I'll be needing, "yu remembered to call me JJ today." I closed my locker, making sure to lock it back then facing him.

"Yeah," he pulled his lips to a thin line. "Can I walk you to class?" He asked.

"Wow, Jasper Vanderwall is offering to walk me to class," I chuckled slightly.

"It's the same class I'm headed to Jemma, don't flatter yourself," he rolled his eyes.

I gasped and glared at him for the wrong use if my name. Just because I didn't say anything about it before doesn't mean I'm cool with it just yet.

He took a step back from me when he noticed my glare, "oh shit I'm sorry." He apologized covering his mouth with his hands.

I rolled my eyes at him and began to walk away to my classroom. He was a little behind me so he walked faster and matched his steps with mine.

"Did you tell Devin about Friday night?" I questioned taking the left turn.

"No I didn't," he replied and I sighed in relief.

"I hope he doesn't remember," I pulled my books closer to my chest.

We finally made it to the classroom and we both took our seats beside each other. "About our project, I think we should get something done today," he turned his seat slightly so he could get a better view of me.