Chapter 19

I'm sitting cross legged on the cold floor, tears streaming down my face uncontrollably. I'm staring at a woman who is lying lifeless on the floor, her thick black hair is sprawled allover the floor around her head. Her deep brown eyes are staring back at me as I watch the life in them drain out with every second. Her mouth is slightly hung as if she was trying to say something.

I shook the woman violently, hoping that she would miraculously wake up and soothe my aching heart. Watching her on the floor made my heart break by every passing second and if she doesn't wake up I'd never get to see a smile on her face again, I'd never get to hear her voice again.

I reached out to hold her hands and I opened my mouth to scream at her to wake up, I wanted to tell her not to leave me alone, I wanted to tell her that I wanted to hear her voice again but all that came out was an ear piercing scream.

Her slim but rough hands were slightly colder than mine and I could feel her temperature drop as I held her hands between mine.

The doors suddenly burst open and in a second two people are beside me, one is asking me a bunch of questions which I don't pay attention to. My attention is still solely fixed on the woman on the floor.

Before I could protest I'm being hoisted off the floor and into the arms of someone forcing a gap between me and the woman on the floor. I want to scream at this person holding me to drop me but I'm too weak to do so, I can't find my voice so I let the gap grow and everything begins to fade away slowly taking another shape.

I'm back at my childhood home, where I grew up for ten years before I was thrown out. The house is the same as before and I suddenly feel chills run down my spine.

Get out of my house you little brat!" A familiar voice said startling me.

"But mu-" I began to say but I'm interrupted.

"Don't 'mum' me, I'm not your mum" The look on her face said it all and I internally coiled.

"Do you have any idea what you are doing? You are sending a ten year old girl out on her own just because yo-" My voice was shaky throughout.

"Enough!" She interrupted again, "just get out of my house"

A small suitcase was thrown down and the contents were sent flying out. I bent down to pick the clothes and put them properly inside the suitcase and I locked it back tightly.

I suddenly, couldn't breathe anymore, my breath was caught in my throat , and I began choking on my own tears. the pain was too much. I needed to leave as fast as possible, she didn't need to find out. The room became too hot for me to stay. I turned on my heels to leave but she interrupted me yet again.

"And hand me your keys," she said, tapping her foot against the wooden floor, impatience evident.

I reached for the keys in my pocket and threw them on the floor as I ran out of the house into the cold night heading nowhere in particular.

Far away from the house, I leaned against a wall, trying to calm my breathing but it just wouldn't work...

I'm woken up with a start as I struggled to breathe, It felt like an invisible force was dragging the oxygen out of my lungs leaving me breathless.

I jumped off my bed in a swift motion running into my closet to get my inhaler but stopped short when I remembered that it was finished and I didn't have any other one available.

My mind began to go into a frenzy as I tried to come up with a means of survival. My next option without an inhaler would be the hospital but in this condition I can't drive so I have to get someone to drive me there.

With my hands on my throat and ragged breathing I managed to get myself out of my room and at the top of the stairs. At this point I could no longer move as my struggles to breathe became a lot more intense, my breathes which I managed to suck in became shorter and louder with every passing second.

I was sure if I didn't get any medications soon, I'd be passed out on the floor and probably dead faster than I know it. I had never been in such a horrific situation as this as I always had my inhaler with me everywhere I went.

The closest I had been to this was in ninth grade when I had forgotten my inhaler at home and I had an attack in school. My only luck that day was that someone had an inhaler with them. From that day on I vowed to myself to always have my inhaler with me everywhere I went and to never move them from their positions in my purse and in my wardrobe.

The dream or should I call it a nightmare isn't a regular thing and I haven't had one in close to a month. They come and they go.

The first dream feels really familiar to me even though I don't understand it. It feels like a memory of mine but I just can't reach it. The second one is a very familiar one and I relate to it pretty well.

What I don't understand is why I'm having the dream, I mean it is all just so confusing

I don't know how long I sat there but when I looked up again it was because I heard my name, I think.

I started hearing a deep voice but I couldn't pin down who it was or what the voice was saying. Black dots slowly began to cloud my vision and everything around me began to slowly fade away into darkness, myself included.

I could feel strong arms around me holding me up in the air before placing me on a soft surface. I suddenly felt air being forcefully pushed down my throat making me cough out and the black dots to disappear a fraction releasing me a bit. Once again I felt the force down my throat leaving me coughing and wheezing, brightening my vision for a split second before everything went black.

***

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow if you like. Love you all and see you next time!