Chapter 23

Sometimes I just wish that killing people wasn't a criminal offense and God wouldn't be pissed off with me if I ever took a life.

People like Kaitlyn makes me say such things. From my analysis of today I'm convinced she was sent from the pit of hell.

So there I was after English heading to my next class when Kaitlyn cornered me.

"What do you want?" I growled getting impatient.

"You know what I want, stay away from Jasper, he's no good," she said crossing her arms across her chest.

I shook my head, "what does it mean to you?"

"Do you want to be with someone who is dangerous? Someone who keeps the truth from you?" She smirked, "look well before you leap."

And with that she walked away, leaving me to figure everything out. My mind has been processing her every word and I've been on autopilot ever since.

I'm very aware of how dangerous Jasper is and he told me he'd tell me the truth when the time was right so I'm not going to force it out of him.

But what if it's the right time for Jasper to tell me and he's never going to tell me. What if he's really going to keep the truth from me.

Jasper was in school for a while then he disappeared so after the last bell I drove home in a rush. As expected he wasn't there so I went to his house.

That's the only place I can guess he is apart from their gang house.

When I got to the gate it opened up without me dong or saying anything. I sat in my car not moving or doing anything. I wasn't sure if this was a trap or something like that.

I've read enough novels and watched enough movies to understand how it works. If I drive in the next thing in getting captured and Jasper has to meet their demands or else they'll kill me.

His front door opened and thanks to my good eye sight I could make out who it was. I drove in then parked my car. When I stepped out of my car Jasper's eyes were trained on me until I was in front of him. He led me inside with my back to him and his hands on my shoulders.

"How did you know I'll be here?" He asked pulling me into a hug and surprising me.

I hugged him back, "I just guessed."

"I'm sorry I didn't let you know when I was leaving school," he pulled away.

"It's okay," I smiled but it didn't quite reach my ears.

He led me into a room which happens to be his office. There was a desk close to the other end of the room, couches facing each other. A long shelf at the right side of the room and a large TV on the left side.

My eyes scanned the room and I noticed a familiar lock of brown hair on one of the pictures scattered across his desk. I walked closer to the desk and gasped when I saw all the pictures on the desk. They were a lot of pictures of me and my mum. Most of the pictures of me where taken when I was a lot younger. The pictures of my mum looked a lot recent because her face looked a lot older than the last one time I saw her which was seven years ago. She hasn't changed much but the ageing in her face is evident.

I turned to look at Jasper and he looked completely relaxed about the whole thing.

"What is all these?" I asked trying to control the anger in my voice.

"It's high time you know what's going on," in two long strides he was behind me. "Please just relax and I'll tell you all about it."

He led me to his couch and I sat, getting impatient. What does this all mean? Why does he have pictures of me and my mum?