Chapter 34

I took a quick tour round the room. In the middle of the walk in closet a box was seated there so I opened it, there were clothes and a few shoes in it, she deliberately left them.

The bathroom is empty, nothing personal in sight. I take a good look at myself in the mirror of the bathroom. My mascara is a bit smeared, making my eyes look puffy. I use my finger to clean it off but it only smears it more so I leave it.

I walk back to the room. Opening the drawers on the table, I find a bunch of pictures in them so I bring them out. They are pictures of her, her and my father, her and Mia, her and Dante and some other people I don't know.

At the bottom drawer a bunch of framed works and paintings are seated there so I bring them out. Like my father said, she really loved nature and her paintings prove exactly that.

A lot of paintings and drawings of nature are in the pile. I pick out my favorites when a knock on the door sounds.

"Come in" I called and the door swung open.

A woman dressed in a maids uniform walks in, holding bed sheets in her hands. "Hi, Gio requested that I come lay the bed." she looked elderly, maybe older than my father.

"Sure." I nodded and she walked in.

After dressing the bed she turned to me, "Gio instructed to ask you if you would like anything specially for dinner."

"No." I shook my head and she smiled before leaving.

Shortly after she leaves, another knock sounds on the door and before I even reply the door swings open.

"Hey babe, your dad wants you to meet the inner circle and well, close family members." Jasper walked in, closing the door behind him.

His eyes scanned the paintings and drawings on the bed and he looked at me, "she was talented." He smiled.

"Yeah she was." I smiled back, taking his hand in mine, "let's go."

We went down the stairs, hand in hand and I let him lead me to the living room.

Three unknown faces were staring at us or rather me when we got there.

"She really looks like her." One of the men said. He looked a lot like my father. I'm guessing he is his brother.

We sat down beside Devin and Jasper pulled me to him. My dad shifted in his seat.

"Jemma meet my brother Leo" he pointed to the man that spoke earlier.

"Twin brother you mean." He pointed out.

Guessed as much.

My dad just rolled his eyes at him and continued talking. "Meet Diego," he pointed to another guy.

He looked a little leaner than the others, his hair was pushed to the back just like Dante. He looked at me and smiled. "Welcome home."

"Thanks." I said with a a smile too.

"And meet James." My dad pointed to the last guy.

He just nodded at me.

"Oh gosh I'm so tired." A voice said from the door and a woman appeared, she looked older than the rest of us. I'm guessing she's in her sixties from the grey hair already making an appearance on her head.

"Now what was my nephew so exited about on the phone" she looked straight at my father, walking to him.

My dad stood up and hugged her, "Hey aunt." He kissed her cheeks.