Chapter 35

It turns out that only the inner circle of the mafia actually lives in this mansion. The mafia has a house they stay in just like Jasper's gang house.

"I hope you'll be home for the yearly games," my father said, hope in his voice.

"The yearly games?" I raised a brow in question.

"Yeah, it's something we do every year during Christmas. It usually goes on for a whole week," he shrugged.

"Hmm, how do you play?"

"Well we divide ourselves into pairs, and each pair has to compete against the others in various games, the last pair standing wins." He explained.

"Sounds like fun."

"It is, you'll love it."

"I'll make it then," I smiled.

"Have you made your decision yet?" He asked, stopping in his tracks.

We were outside, taking a walk around the mansion. He was actually giving me a tour of the mansion. Like I said earlier, it was massive.

"I'm sorry dad, but I really..." I paused, "I just want a normal life after all this."

He didn't look surprised, even if he did he hid it well.  "It's absolutely fine Jemma, it's your choice."

I let out a breath, "thanks dad."

His pupils dilated at my words and I knew deep down that he was completely thrilled with the fact that he has a daughter, anyone would be.

"So who's going to take over after you?" I asked out of curiosity, well it's my business.

"Your cousin, Valentino, my brothers son." He answered and I nodded.

We continued walking and talking. He asked me questions about my life and I asked him about his.

When I told him what happened with my old friends back at home he was pissed, I'm sure if he could get on a plane to California just to beat the shit out of them he would. Well he can do it but he won't.

I told him of our plans of going back to California before Friday because of Jasper's game and he was cool with it. He is actually coming over later on, to visit my mother's grave.

When I asked him how him and my mother met, he told me that they met at a strip club, that was her first time in one and she was only doing g it for the money, at that time her family was struggling to pay the bills so strip clubbing was her only option. He saw her and took her in. He had plans of marrying her but before he could propose she ran away.

According to him, if she had mentioned her plans of keeping me from the mafia then they would have figured it out together and she'd probably still be alive by now.

I guess things happen for a reason.

"Jemma!" I heard Devin call me so I turned around.

"You need to see something," he said, his face serious.

I turned to my father asking for permission and he nodded. I followed Devin into the house, "what is it?"

"I can't explain it, you have to see it for yourself." He took the stairs two at a time.

"Is Jasper aware of what you want to show me?" I tried to catch up with him.

"Yeah, Jade too." He opened the door to his room and I stepped in after him.

Jasper and Jade were seated on the bed, Jasper had my mother's laptop on his laps. They both had serious looks on their faces and I started to panic.