Chapter 24

"I didn't see you last night," Paige threw her hand over my shoulder as we walked to calculus together.

"I was with Jasper," I told her and she gasped.

"What happened?" She was grinning at me.

"Nothing."

"Liar," she pushed me gently. "Are you guys together?"

I sighed, "I don't even know what we are" I told her truthfully.

"You guys may not have a tag but I do know that that boy is head over heels for you, he may not tell you now but he will," she said with a wink.

I just shrugged and pushed open the door and we walked into class.

Jasper was already seated at his regular seat so I took my seat beside him. He has been a bit distant since I showed him the picture and asked him to explain what 'Don' meant.

He explained to me exactly what Google had explained. When he asked if I've met the man I explained what happened when I was six and he told me not to worry about it that he'll check deeper.

We had cereal for breakfast and to my surprise some of my clothes with my toothbrush and my toiletries were on the bed in the guest room he showed me to use.

The moment we stepped out of his house and we got into our own cars he seemed to zone out.

"Hey," I said placing my books on the table.

He looked up from his phone and a smile made an appearance on his face, "hey"

"You seem distant since this morning, what's wrong?"

He ran his hand through his hair, "It's nothing." He lied.

He knew I knew he was lying and he still chose to lie. I rolled my eyes and turned to face the front.

Devin walked in and took his seat beside me.

"Hey, my dad and I are having lasagna this night, wanna come over?" Devin said.

"Is that a question? You know I never miss your dad's lasagna." I smiled.

"Alright." He turned his attention to the teacher that just walked in.

At the end of the class the teacher held Jasper and I back.

"Miss Jones, your grades have been good so far but it seems like you need to step up your game a bit. I noticed from the last assignments I gave you, you didn't do as I expected, I hope all is well," he said.

"All is well," I nodded.

The teacher nodded, "your grades need to come back up that's why I'm going to have Mr Vanderwaal tutor you for a short while," he turned to Jasper and Jasper just nodded.

Now I need calculus tutoring. Where is my life headed? I nodded in acceptance.

"I've discussed this with him earlier and he's cool with it. Please cooperate," he said dismissing us.

"Let's meet at my place by six?" Jasper suggested. "I need to be somewhere after school.

"I have dinner with Devin and his dad."

"Fine after school," he said gritting his teeth and tugging on his hair.

The halls were clear as everyone had gone for lunch. I pushed him into a classroom.

"What's wrong with you and don't tell me nothing because obviously something is wrong," I said pushing him up against the wall.

He rested his head on the wall and let out a breath, "It's something I don't want you to get involved in Jemma."

I rose a brow, "you're making me worry."

He pulled me to him in a hug, his hand on my hips and he rested his head on my shoulder, "Five of my men were killed last night, our rival gang tried to steal our shipments this morning and finding your father is the hardest task ever."

I ran my hands through his hair, "and now you have to tutor me in calculus," I joked trying to release the tension in the air and he chuckled.

"We'll take it one step at a time, remember I'm always here for you."

He rose his head and connected his lips with mine. He ran his tongue on my bottom lip before slipping his tongue into my mouth. His hands went under my shirt and on my bare skin, pulling me closer to him.

His hands wrapped around my thighs, pulling me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He turned us around so I was backed up against the wall.

His lips found their way to my neck, sucking on the sensitive part and I bit my lip to suppress my moan.

"You'll leave a mark there," I said tugging roughly on his hair.

"I know," he said before reconnecting our lips.

When he pulled away he rested his forehead on mine, a smirk on his lips. He gently released my legs and I dropped to the floor.

He rearranged his hair while I arranged my shirt. He led me out of the room and into the cafeteria.

Paige opened her mouth to say something but she kept shut when she saw Jasper behind me. The guys made stupid jokes about Jasper and I while the girls were talking about having another sleepover Friday night.

By the end of lunch my brain was paining me from all the talking I was doing and hearing the perverted jokes the guys made.

The rest of the day rolled by fast and by the end of the day I was driving to Jasper's for my tutoring. He said he'd quickly attend to whatever he was attending to while I wait for him at his house. He gave me a spare key and told me the key codes, he also forced Kyle to go with me to keep me safe. I told him it wasn't necessary but the look on his face made me shut up.

I don't blame him though, Kyle told me that someone has been attacking their gang and killing members for about a week now so I don't blame him for having a body guard with me.

When I unlocked the door and we both walked into the house, Kyle suddenly covered my mouth with his hand.

His other hand went to his lips, silently telling me to keep shut and I nodded making him release his hand from my face.

He quickly pulled out a gun from under the coffee table in front of us. He turned to me, "Jasper never leaves his lights on," he whispered while removing the safety from the gun.

I started saying Psalm 23 in my head as Kyle went forward and I followed him.

"You're still as smart as ever Kyle."

***

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!