Chapter 4: The Door

Desti POV

I woke up after my little nap away from the cliff-side. I feel my head resting on something soft. I get up and see I was using Devin's jacket as a pillow. I look up to to see where he's currently at, and blush when I see him. He's sitting against a rock with his arms behind his head sleeping. He's wearing a tank top, showing his muscles. They're not big, but they are visible. But I can also see a few scars on his arms, and some kind of branding on his shoulder. I gently hug him, hoping not to wake him up. Moving a little, he wraps his arms around me as well.

Desti: Just how much have you gone through?

I feel so bad for him. I hope he finds whoever it is he wronged so he can try to find some peace. And being here, makes me feel at peace. My heart-beat quickens, and I feel weird but in a good way. 

Desti: Devin, Its time to get up.

He grunts and shifts a little before opening his red eyes. I used to be scared of those eyes, but I grew to like them. 

Devin: Desti? How long have we been asleep?

Desti: I don't know, I don't have a watch, and were underground.

Devin: ...True...

We both get up and I hand him his jacket. We continue on our way through Waterfall, until we come across a strange door.

Devin: Huh, this has never been here.

Desti: Should we look inside?

He tells me its my call, so I turned the knob and push it open. The room held nothing, but a lone figure in the middle of the room.

Desti: Umm... Hello?

The figure looks up surprised and turns around.

?: What? Who are...

His surprised expression turns into pure anger once he saw Devin.

(Video isn't mine)

?: YOU!!!

The man attacks Devin to our surprise. He spreads out the black liquid that made up his body, spikes stretch out from the liquid. Devin dodges a few and slashes at the ones he couldn't with his knife. But he got caught off guard and a spike pierced his shoulder, causing him to be pinned to the floor. He slides over to where Devin was laying, trying to pull the spike out of his body. 

?: You will pay for what you've done to me. To all of us!

He goes for the killing blow, until I jump in front of the attack.

?: Move. Now. This demon isn't to be trusted.

Desti: I'm not moving. I don't know who you are, but I'm not letting you kill my friend!

?: Friend? So the heartless demon made a friend huh?

Desti: Stop calling him that!

?: You are really determined to stop me aren't you?

Desti: You're goddamn right I am.

He looks over at Devin, his eyes soften and retracts the spike. Devin gets up and walks over to him.

Devin: Its you isn't it, Y/n?

Y/n: Yes. It is.

Devin: I... I'm sorry.

This... Y/n, was shocked. I guess an apology was the last thing he expected. They begin talking and turns out they were from the same orphanage. So that was something they could relate on.

Y/n: I still don't completely trust you. But I suppose I can let you prove it.

Devin: Thank you. I promise, I will make up for what I've done.

He smiled and waved to us, wishing us luck on our journey. We go through the rest of Waterfall and after running from Saiko, the Captain of the Royal Guard, and giving her a cup of water after she overheated, we made it to some kind of hotel. There we met Meggy again.

Meggy: Sup' Desti?

Desti: Hi Meggy!

We give each other a hug.

Meggy: So, what's happened?

Desti: Well, I fell asleep early back in Waterfall, found some strange door and entered it, met a man in there, ran from Saiko, and now I'm here!

Meggy: Oh, made a new friend, maybe two? What was this guys name?

Desti: Oh! It was, umm... (mispronounces your name multiple times)... Oh! It was Y/n!

I saw her eyes widen, a hopeful shine in them. She darts forward and grabs me by my shoulders and stared into my eyes.

Meggy: Can you please take me there?

~~~~~

Meggy POV

Desti leads me back to where she saw this door. Well she was right, there was a door. I've never seen this door here before. I go over and turn the knob and look at Desti, she nods and I push the door open.

There was a man standing there. A large black mass. He turns around, and his eyes widen.

Y/n: M-Meggy?

I.... I can't believe it. He's here. He's really here. But he looks so different. His once H/c hair was now pure white. Lines appearing from the top of his right eye and down his left. Speaking of his eyes, they were all black, save for the small white dots that served as his pupils. I walk over and put my hand on his face. It was so cold. Almost as if he was lifeless.

Meggy: You're here...

Y/n: Technically yes, but at the same time no, I'm not.

Meggy: What's that supposed to mean.

Y/n: Meggy, I'm trapped in the Void. A reality that is nothing, and everything. I'm everywhere and nowhere. I exist, but I don't at the same time. That was the price I had to pay for destroying my Soul.

Meggy: Is there a way to get you out?

He shakes his head. No, there has to be a way out. I'll have to talk to Boopkins about this. I won't have him sit in this Void any longer. I'm determined to do it.

Meggy: Well, I'll find a way to get you out Y/n. I promise, on my life. 

Before I turn to leave, I run up and kiss his cheek. He looked shock as I ran out.

Just wait Y/n. I promise I'll bring you back to everyone.