Chapter 30: An Unexpected Outcome

As Grimoire stood in his library, he watched as the final events of this world were about to take place. Suddenly, a wave of power flew past the small world and Grimoire had a feeling of dread overcome him.

Grimoire: This is not good. I thought I had more time...

He went to his shelf and grabbed a book. He opened it and the pages flipped rapidly.

Grimoire: I must warn Devin.

And, with a flash of light, Grimoire left the library.

~~~~~

Devin was walking through the garden of the castle. Walking through these flowers made him remember his life before he met Grimoire.

Before the collapse of his original world.

He didn't have the best life, but he enjoyed it the best he could. Then that dark cloud descended from the skies, and he found himself lying on the floor of Grimoire's library.

Grimoire told him that the destruction of the original world had caused a rift in time and space, opening up holes into separate dimensions and universes.

Devin: So you're telling me that everything I've seen, heard and read in fiction is real?

Grimoire: In a sense, yes. But only in their universe. Other universes see yours as fiction and theirs as reality. Take this one for example.

He held up a case of Devin's favorite games.

Grimoire: Through one of the Gates of Infinity, or Black Holes as your kind calls them, lies these universes. That is your Parallel Universe Theory. Once an idea comes to an individuals head, that place becomes reality. Some of us, like myself, have been given the ability to traverse these universes freely. As long as we help protect them.

Devin: But why am I here?

Grimoire: I do not have an answer to that question I'm afraid. But what I do know is that this is not coincidence. If you ask, I can help you get vengeance on that terrible darkness that destroyed your world.

Obviously, the young man accepted the offer, and became Grimoire's apprentice. Now having the ability to shape himself into whatever was needed at the time and place, as long as he fit in that universe.

He was going to enjoy this world as much as he could. And once he is done here, he'll create a copy and then return to Grimoire for his next task. As he picked a flower to give to Desti, he looked up to see the cloaked face of his master.

Devin: Hey Grimoire... HOLD THE FUCK UP!

Grimoire: The use of such language isn't required.

Devin: What are you doing here?! What happened to the library?!

Grimoire: The library is fine, but I have come with a warning. The darkness has sent a powerful creature this way. Tis a shame too, there was much more in store for this world.

Devin: Does that mean this world is... doomed?

Grimoire put his hand on the young man.

Grimoire: No, my young friend. I believe that you, and this world's Y/n have the power to defeat this evil.

Devin: I have seen Y/n's name across so many stories in your library. What is he?

Grimoire: Time is of the essence, I will tell you everything once you make it back. Go, Devin, I believe in you.

And in one more flash of light, Grimoire was gone. He took out the locket from under his shirt and looked at it. The golden half heart that had Desti's name on it.