Chapter 29: The Question

It took a few days, but you are finally back up to full strength. And just in time too, as everyone had been planning Meggy's welcome back party.

Saying it like that makes it sound like she was just away from home for a very long time. As you walk out of your room and into the kitchen, you see Meggy already making your coffee.

Meggy: Hey, I knew this would be the first thing you'd come do.

Y/n: You know me so well.

You take a sip of the drink and are surprised at the flavor.

Meggy: It's my first time making it so I hope it tastes good.

Y/n: It tastes amazing. Better than my own. I just might make you my personal barista.

Meggy: I'd be honored. So, you ready for the party?

Y/n: Yeah, I guess.

Meggy's smile faded as she looked up at you.

Meggy: I'm really sorry, Y/n.

Y/n: What are you sorry about?

Meggy: I just jumped in front of Betty's attack without taking into account how much pain everyone would be in, especially you.

Y/n: There's nothing to be sorry about Meggy. You were only doing what you thought was right. And besides, somehow we were able to bring you back.

Meggy: But still-

You cut her off by hugging her, and rubbing her head.

Y/n: But nothing. What happened, happened. But now we're here, and you're back. Don't be sorry or upset.

She wrapped her arms around you and rest her head against your chest.

Meggy: Okay... hey Y/n?

Y/n: Yeah?

Meggy: Thank you for doing so much for me. For all of us.

Y/n: Of course. Now come on, we still got some things to do until your party.

She she pulled you down and kissed you deeply. After she pulled away she gave you a big smile.

Meggy: I love you Y/n.

Y/n: And I love you.

Sharing one more kiss, the two of you head to town to get the last of the supplies for the party.

~~~~~

Everyone was having a fun time at the party. All of Meggy's friends from Inkopolis even showed up. As of right now, everyone was talking to Meggy. Some of them even trapped her in a bone crushing hug and didn't let go for quite some time.

Orange Inkling: Wait, isn't that your boyfriend?

The group of girls were looking at you, the pink one pointing at you.

Meggy: Yep! Hey Y/n, come on over here!

You walked over to the group and Meggy wraps her arms around your arm.

Meggy: This is Y/n Gaster, and somewhere around here is his brother Devin Gaster. Y/n here is a scientist. Y/n, this is Clementine, Julia, and Lucy.

Y/n: Nice to meet you all.

Julia: Wait, why does he look so weird?

Lucy: Oh come on Julia, don't be mean. After all, he's still a handsome looking guy~

Meggy: Back off Lucy, he's mine.

You blush as Meggy said that, added to the fact that she wrapped her arms tighter around yours, pressing your arm between her boobs.