Chapter 21: The Attack

Meggy walked into the room and heard the tone of your voice as you were on the phone. A month has passed since you acquired the reactor and progress on the new CORE was going well.

The only problem was getting the approval from the city. When word got out that you were making a new form of energy, most companies didn't like the possible competition.

Y/n: Yes, I get that you're worried, but I promise, the CORE won't take your jobs away... I'm sorry I have to call you back... Yes hello, Gaster speaking... Yes I understand and I- Huh Meggy?!

She grabs your phone and puts it up to her ear.

Meggy: This is Meggy Spletzer, Dr. Gaster's girlfriend. He's currently busy right now and can't talk... He's busy resting, so don't call!

She hangs up and puts your phone in her pocket. She looks at you, seeing the dark circles and the tired look in your eyes.

Y/n: I'm not tired Meggy I feel fine.

She looks at the table, seeing the multiple mugs that were once filled with coffee.

Meggy: Don't stand there and lie to me. You haven't slept in two days. Come on, your going to sleep and you have no say in the matter.

She grabs your hand and drags you to your room. Once in the room, she lays you on the bed and puts the covers on you.

Y/n: I told you, I'm fine Meggy.

She lifts her hand and an orange aura surrounds it, her eye also goes from pink to orange. Suddenly, you can't move and you are pushed back into the bed.

Meggy: And I told you, you don't have a say. Now get some rest. Please, for me.

You were going to say something, but the worried look in her eyes made you keep your mouth shut.

Y/n: ...Alright.

Meggy: I'm keeping this as well.

She pats her pocket that held your phone. Releasing her telekinetic grip on you, she leans down and kisses your cheek.

Meggy: Sleep well.

And finally, you close your eyes. Meggy leaves and heads downstairs. When she gets down there she sees everyone rushing around.

Meggy: Hey, what's going on?

Devin: The harbor gave an announcement that a battleship was sighted off the coast. Its description was the same as Swipe's.

Desti: We are going to head back into town to defend it. Where's Y/n?

Meggy: I'm making him rest, he needs it. So, is everyone else already there.

The door opens to reveal that SMG4 was wearing his armor back from the Underground, his spear in hand.

SMG4: Everyone but us. I'm coming along as well. These guys are after us because of me, I won't let you guys fight my battles for me.

Meggy: Alright then, come on.

They get nod and head off into town, meanwhile, you come around the corner drinking more coffee.

Y/n: I hate that I lied to you Meggy, but I need to get this done.

You look around the room, one question crosses your mind.

Y/n: Where is everyone?

Betty: I'm here!

Y/n: Oh, hey kid. What're you up to?

Betty: Just getting ready to watch TV.

Y/n: Well, have fun.

You turn to head to your lab, when your back was turned, her smile turned mischievous and her eyes flashed pink.

~~~~~

The group arrived at the town, looking around they saw nothing out of the ordinary yet.

SMG4: let's head for the harbor, we should stop them there before they reach the city.

Everyone: Right!

So they run to the harbor. Indeed, there was a battleship preparing to dock. Once it did, the ramps open and wave after wave of teletubbies run out weapons drawn.

Mario: Mama Mia!

SMG4: Here they come, get ready!

Swipe's voice was heard from the the speakers.

Swipe: Eggman failed in his attack, go my minions, destroy them all!

The group take a fighting stance and get ready for the ensuing fight. Gunshots were heard as they fired at the group. Meggy, Devin and Desti got in front of everyone and created their own little barriers to block them.

SMG4 used his spear to hit the Teletubbies away, or knock away their weapons.

Mario threw himself into the group, knocking them down and knocking them out.

Bowser threw them around and smashed them into the ground.

Devin and Desti were literally dancing around the enemy. Spinning around and blocking each attack.

Meggy used her telekinesis to lift them up and drop them.

Everything was going good, no one really getting hurt, until Meggy looked over at one Teletubby.

And saw a pink spear of energy through its chest, its SOUL pierced on it.

Meggy: Wh-what...?

The line drew back quickly, to quick to follow and the Teletubby dropped dead.

~~~~~

Y/n: Man... maybe I should've listened to Meggy.

You walk back to the kitchen for another cup of coffee. Taking a look at the TV, you see the news was on.

Newscaster: A huge battle is being fought here at the Mushroom Harbor! It seems that the residents of Princess Peach is defending us from these multi colored invaders!

You watch the fight, then off to the side, a pink mass begins to form and move towards Tari.

Y/n: Crap! Alright, you can do this.

You think about the harbor and imagine yourself there. Activating your power, you feel the weightless, then you reappear at the harbor. Seeing the blob get closer to Tari, you charge up your magic and summon a Gaster Blaster. The blast got everyone's attention as the blast destroys the blob. Another one forms next to Meggy, so you summon a few bones and throw them into it, piercing and destroying the strange being.

Meggy: What... was that?

Y/n: I have no idea, but I'm glad I stayed up.

A few more pink blobs form and you use the remaining energy to summon a circle of Blasters, disintegrating them.

Swipe: And i say fuck that. Retreat!

The remaining Tubbies all go back to the ship and it speeds off.

Meggy: While I'm angry that you didn't listen to me, I'm also glad. If you didn't show up when you did, I don't know what would've happened.

Y/n: Yeah... but I think I'm ready to take you up on that nap.

She giggles as you helped teleport everyone back home. Once you made it to your room, you and Meggy lie down.

Then your phone goes off.

Meggy: Leave us alone!

She throws it up and fires a Kraken Blaster at it.

Y/n: My phone!

Meggy: I'll buy you a new one! Just sleep!

You, scared at her outburst, do as she says and close your eyes. Falling asleep as Meggy slowly does the same.