Chapter 13: First Contact

You were in the lab, testing out a few chemicals. Nothing much else than that but making sure everything was where they were supposed to be. Reaching up, you grasp the scarf Meggy got you the other day. Without her knowing, you went back and somehow, they had a crystal orange rose necklace. You felt two arms wrap around you, and heard Meggy whisper in your ear.

Meggy: Hey sweetie. What are you doing?

Y/n: Just some work. What are you doing?

Meggy: I got bored out there, so I came to see my boyfriend.

Y/n: Glad you're thinking of me.

Meggy: I'm always thinking of you. Of how you've been there for us in the recent timelines. How your willing to risk so much for so little.

Her voice suddenly dropped, going from her happy, cheerful tone to a more sad, depressed one.

Meggy: And how far your willing to go to save someone.

Y/n: Are you talking about... the last timeline?

You feel her nod, her arms wrap tighter around you.

Meggy: That look on your face, the one you gave me before you... killed yourself... I can't get it out of my head. Tell me the truth, are you fine being like this?

Y/n: It has its ups and downs. Like when I go out in public, I get strange looks and... that's really the only bad thing right now. The good thing is, besides getting the looks, I look cool, I have badass powers, thank you by the way, and...

You manage to turn around, looking at Meggy's face, tears slowly falling.

Y/n: We are all up on the surface. And we were able to save a lost soul.

You wipe her tears away then lean down and give her a kiss. During the kiss, you put the necklace around her neck. Pulling away, she looks at the necklace, then back at you.

Y/n: I don't really have much to do so I'm gonna call it a day and get some lunch. Care to join me?

Meggy: Instant Noodles sound good?

Y/n: Sounds perfect.

Meggy: Let me clean up a bit and I'll meet you down there.

Meggy leaves the room and goes to the bathroom. Closing the door, she looks into the mirror, her gaze going to the necklace. A huge smile spreads upon her face as she looks at it. After doing her business, she goes down to the kitchen, seeing Desti, Mario and Devin down there with Y/n.

Meggy: Hey Desti. What are they doing?

Desti: Hey. Being idiots.

They listen to the conversation they were having.

Devin: Have you ever reached into a bag of bread and pulled out the end pieces, and your reaction was "Damn why do you exist?"

Mario: What do you mean? That's called the heel meal.

Devin: Fucking excuse you?

Mario: Devin's like, 'I've literally lived in poverty and not even I would eat that shit's.

Y/n: Knowing you Mario, I'm sure you've never had a sugar sandwich.

Mario: Please tell me you have. Is there more than one ingredient?

Y/n: No, it's just sugar on top of bread.

Mario: Is there at least butter?

Devin: No. Butter implies money.

The girls just rolled their eyes. When everyone got their food, they sat and talked about everything that happened. Desti soon noticed the necklace.

Desti: Where'd you get that? It's beautiful.

Meggy: Y/n gave it to me.

She kissed your cheek.

Mario: Marios-a happy for you two!

That made you happy to hear. At least now you really know he doesn't have anything against you. Suddenly, Boopkins comes through the door.

Y/n: What's wrong Boopkins?

Boopkins: Wario and Waluigi are here!

~~~~~

Everyone stands outside, staring at the duo in front of them. Meggy, Mario, and SMG4 looks at them in anger. SMG3 looks at them with betrayal.

Mario: What are you two doing here again?

Wario: That's our question! I thought we told you to never come back!

Meggy: Well we are back, and if you don't want trouble, we suggest you leave!

The two just smile and pulls out a remote. They press it and it begins blinking. They then run and hide behind a rock. You look up and see why they did.

Missiles were on their way.

Devin saw them too, pulling out his knife and charging it with energy. You summon your blasters and a few bones, using them to intercept the missiles. Devin sent arcs of red energy to help you. Pieces of metal and shrapnel start flying your way, so you summon three hands and activate a large shield, big enough to cover everyone. But since it's still new to you, a piece broke through and impaled your shoulder.

Waluigi: Swipe said this would work!

Wario: He didn't take into account the two new guys, we need to go back!

The two ran away. With the smoke from the missiles destruction was gone, and all was clear, you lowered the shield, clutching your shoulder.

Meggy: Y/N!

Y/n: I'm fine! I'm fine.

You reach up and pull the piece of metal out. Instead of your blood being red, it was black. You rip a piece of your lab coat off and tie it around the wound. Everyone looks over at Peach, who was pissed, but not at all of you.

Peach: They dare attack not only my Kingdom, but also innocent people?! Fine, if they want a war, they're going to get one...