Chapter 17: Inkopolis

The following day you, Devin and SMG4 wanted to try and find a few allies for yourself. After what happened yesterday, Megan and Desti came along as well, mostly to make sure you didn't get in trouble again, and to teleport you out if there was trouble.

Devin: So, who's our first contact?

SMG4: An old friend named Steve. We pulled him over a few years back from a game called Minecraft.

Y/n: Wait, what? How?

Meggy: It will make your life easier if you don't question it.

Y/n: But...

SMG4: No, she's right. Just roll with it.

Y/n: But... I... ugh, fine.

Meggy giggled and took your hand in hers. You were led to the city and stopped at a local diner. Inside, SMG4 went to a table that sat a very blocky man.

SMG4: So Steve. We were wondering if...

Steve: La da de da-

He continues to sing as if no one was talking to him. SMG4 sighs and turns to you.

SMG4: If you want to hang out or do one of your dates go ahead. I'm gonna be here a while...

You tell him that you will come back in about an hour and he says that should be good. After walking outside you all try to think of a place to go.

Meggy: Wait, have you guys ever been to Inkopolis?

You and Devin shake your heads.

Desti: OH! Then you really need to see it! Inkopolis is a great place.

Devin: Do you think they'll actually accept us though? Like, we aren't like you. Plus, I'm not the most friendly looking.

Y/n: And I'm definitely out of place.

Meggy: What, and we're not? Come on, it'll be fine!

Meggy grabbed Desti's shoulder, who took Devin's hand in hers. Meggy then teleported everyone to Inkopolis. Upon arrival, you and Devin looked around the city, amazed at the sight.

Y/n: Wow.

Devin: You can say that again.

The girls giggled at your reactions. They gave you a tour around the city. As they passed by a large tower, they saw something that caught their eye.

Meggy: Look, an arena is open!

Desti: We should do a Turf War!

They run over to a shop and come back a few minutes later with a few weapons. They handed them to you two and led you to the tower.

After getting the match set up and being placed into the arena, you began the game. It was quickly apparent that they were much better than you and by a long shot. Everytime you thought you had the upper hand, either Meggy or Desti would pull some crazy move and hit you with a blast of ink. As the match ended, the results were shown.

At least you did better than Devin.

Y/n: So did the two of you do this kind of thing before being sent to the underground?

Meggy: For me, yeah. Apparently Desti here was pretty good back then too.

Desti held up a peace sign and smiled as she saw that her and Meggy were tied. Just then, your phone went off and you saw that SMG4 was calling.

Y/n: Hello?

SMG4: Hey, so I'm still trying to get through to Steve, but he still won't listen. Go ahead and just do what you want and I'll meet you home.

Y/n: Are you sure? And is that Steve really worth it though?

SMG4: Look, he may be the a part of the biggest idiot group, but trust me, we need him.

Y/n: Alright. I'll take your word for it. See you at home.

Meggy: What's going on?

Y/n: Steve still isn't listening to SMG4 so he just said to keep doing what we're doing and he'll see us at home.

Meggy: Then let's go ahead and keep this fun train going!

Everyone agreed and the four of you went to some of Inkopolis's biggest hot spots. From the Plaza, the Square, even doing a bit of work for Grizzco. By the time you did everything in Inkopolis, it was nighttime. As you were going to suggest going back home, music began playing from the Square.

Meggy and Desti: It's the Squid Sisters!!!

They began to freak out and ran over to you.

Desti: Come on Devin, let's go dance!

His eyes widened as she suggested they go out and dance.

Devin: D...dance...? Uh, Desti? I don't know how to dance.

Desti: Oh come on! It doesn't matter that you can't dance, just let the music guide you!

She dragged him to the crowd as he looked back, eyes pleading for someone to help him. Meggy grabbed your hand and stared at you.

Y/n: *Sigh* Don't get your hopes up on my skills.

She smiled and dragged you to the crowd as well. After trying (and failing) to dance for the next half-hour, the upbeat music began to slow and only a few couples stayed to enjoy the slow dance.

Y/n: This i can do.

You bow slightly, holding out your hand.

Y/n: May I have this dance?

Meggy: *Giggles* It would be my pleasure.

She took your hand and placed her other on your shoulder. Your free hand went to her waist and pulled her closer. As you danced around the Square, you noticed that your friends had stopped and sat against the wall. Desti had taken Devin's arm and inspected the scars scattered around.

Meggy: Poor Devin. After we finally bring out the good in him, all of this happens. I hope he doesn't go back to his old ways because of this.

Desti began to slowly kiss each scar, all the way up to his lips.

Y/n: I don't think it'll come to that. I'm sure that Desti will keep him in check. But may God have mercy on the person who decides to hurt Desti.

Meggy: Yeah. Hey Y/n?

Y/n: Hmm?

Meggy: Are you scared about what will happen?

Y/n: A little, but I know we will be fine. After all, they didn't look like much.

Meggy: You are really full of yourself right now aren't you?

Y/n: I had to get my ego from somewhere.

Meggy: Alright, you got me there. But if we do have to fight, just be careful, okay?

Y/n: I will. I promise.

Meggy: Then let's seal the promise.

She pulls you in for a heated kiss. When she pulls away, her hand moves from your hand to join her other to wrap around your neck and hug you, you hug her back.

Meggy: I love you, Y/n.

Y/n: I love you too, Meggy.