Chapter 26: Do or Die

Mario ran through the castle, waking everyone up as he returned from the city. Sleepy and understandably angry at the Italian plumber for waking them up, everyone yelled at him to explain why he is doing this.

Mario: In the city, more of those pink things! Mario came here as fast as he could.

Y/n: Betty... I'm surprised she took this long to try an attack.

Devin: Hm... let me at her, I'll end this quickly.

You put your hand on Devin's chest, stopping him there.

Y/n: No, she could be doing this to draw you out. She also might have something up her sleeve to beat you.

He thought for a moment, then nodded and headed back to Desti.

Y/n: Instead, I'll fight her first. See what she's capable of. If I win, then there we go, Meggy will be avenged and we won't have to worry about her.

Tari: And if you lose?

Y/n: Then Devin will jump in and finish her off. Meanwhile, the rest of you will try and get the people to safety.

Everyone agreed and headed for the city, ready to do whatever it takes to rescue the people and avenge their fallen friend.

~~~~~

As you reach the outskirts of the city, you see a group of people running away from one of the pink blobs. Not wanting to waste time, you summon a blaster above it and fired, leaving nothing but a smoking hole.

Y/n: Spread out and find any civilians then get them to safety! Devin, you and I will go find Betty.

They all nod and run off in separate directions. You and Devin make your way to the center of the city, where you are sure that is where she is. And you were right, there she stood, holding Akumu in her arms as she watched people run away. She took joy in watching people have their SOULs ripped out of them. You motioned Devin to hide and as he ran to the nearest hiding spot. She felt your presence as you walked towards her.

Y/n: Betty, Bete Noire... whatever you call yourself. You are the first of your kind.

You close your eyes and when you open them, in an eruption of red energy, your pupil turns red.

Y/n: And I'll make sure you're the last.

You cross your arms as letters in Wingdings appear above you spelling,

👎✝️✌☹🤚❄✡.
(Duality)

Spreading your arms, instead of seven small hands, two massive hands appeared above you. Betty smiles as her eye glows pink. She runs at you as you order one of the hands to take aim and launch a large shot at her. Akumu flys forward and uses himself as a shield to block the shot.

With that failed, you try to crush her using the other hand, but she jumps up and over you. Akumu covers her arm and forms a large spike as she comes down. Calling one of the hands back, you form a barrier between the two of you, the impact causing it to crack. She smiles widely at you but looks back as a hand with a red glow appears behind her. She moves out of the way as the hand fired. You sense Betty appearing behind you and barely dodge as she thrusts her spear at you. She suddenly crouches down and you look over to see Akumu coming at you very fast.

Trying to stop him, you create another new barrier, but he shatters the barrier and sends you flying. As you slid across the ground, you put your hands on the ground and launch yourself up in the air. Spinning around, you call your hands back to you. They glow yellow as you fire a barrage of small bullets at Betty. She runs faster than the bullets, but one gets in front of her. You thought it would have hit, but Akumu flies to her hand and transforms into a scythe, slicing through the bullet.

Betty: How long until we can use that Kumu?

He growls softly, and Betty smiles.

Betty: Just a few more.

She looks over at you as you walked up to her.

Y/n: It's over child I'm ending this.

Putting your hands in front of you, one of the larger hands glowed blue and shot out a saw, Betty blocked it and sent it straight up with her scythe. Switching the other to light blue, you wrap the string around the saw and bring it back down. Betty tosses the scythe to block it, leaving her open. Coating your fist in red energy, you rush forward and punch her. As she goes flying, Akumu knocks the saw away and tries to get to Betty, but a green barrier prevents him from getting to her. Slowly closing the shield, you switch the free hand to orange and spawn multiple bombs around her. She jumps up and you summon a monsterous looking Gaster Blaster. The teeth having become bigger and the cracks more wild. Betty's hair turned completely pink as the Blaster fired, Akumu broke free of the obstacle and shielded her from the blast. Betty looked down at Akumu as he was a smaller version of his form, having taken most of the damage.

Betty: Are you okay Kumu?

The ball weakly looked up and seemed to nod. It then smiled at her and she knew exactly why. Picking Akumu up she turned and smiled at you.

Betty: Prepare to die, Y/n.

Rabdophobia

A wave of negative energy engulfed you but you weren't bothered by it. You try to command your hands and Blaster to attack.

But they weren't responding.

Because they were no longer yours.

Raising a hand, Betty drew the weapons over to her, and aim them at you. You swing your arms back behind you.

Y/n: I can't make them disappear!

She uses the strings to hold you in place as she charges the blaster and fires. She does this a few more times before using the hands to repeatedly punch you into the ground. As you laid there, she walked over and summons her spear.

Betty: Any last words?

Y/n: Only four. Hey Devin, your turn.

She looked confused until she suddenly felt lighter on her right side. She looks over and her eyes widen as her whole arm had been cut clean off. She jumps back, avoiding another slash and Akumu quickly creates a new arm for her.

Betty: Wh-what...? How did...

Devin: How did I get to you so fast without you noticing? Well firstly I was hiding over there. And secondly, I learned how to control this.

He brings out his SOUL, showing the red heart and black outline.

Devin: All of my Hatred. I learned to control it and direct it to you. You, who has killed countless people today. I know, I'm no better, I have killed in a recent time line. Which is why I'll have no regrets doing it one last time. I promise you, Bete Noire, I will kill you.

He suddenly appears before Betty, Akumu quickly becoming a spike. As she tried to block it, Devin dropped the knife from his hand and caught it with the other one, slashing her arm off again where the spike ended around her arm. He put his hand up and blasted her away. As she hit the building, her right half gone, but slowly reforming, she teleports away from an arc wave of black energy.

Betty: How can I beat him...? Wait... Kumu do you still have that?

Akumu opens his mouth, an orange heart that was almost empty was there.

Betty: Perfect. I don't have to fight him. She can.

Betty takes the heart and pours her energy into it. A large blast covered the area and a s the smoke cleared, you and Devin were shocked at who stood before you. Her eyes opened, revealing black eyes with glowing pink irises. Not the ones your used to, but Betty's pink.

Betty: Go, and heed your masters words. Kill them, Meggy.