Chapter 14: Recovering

You were lead to the castle's hospital, once there you were put on a bed and Meggy grabbed a first-aid kit. Taking off your shirt and the makeshift bandage, she gently cleaned the wound and got a washcloth and put some alcohol on it.

Meggy: This may hurt a bit.

You clenched on the arm rest of the bed hard to avoid crying out in pain. Meggy apologized profusely as she tried to be as gentle as possible. After wiping away any excess alcohol and blood, she wrapped it up with an actual bandage.

Y/n: Thank you Meggy.

Meggy: You're welcome. And thank you for protecting us.

Y/n: So, you mind telling me who those assholes are?

Meggy: They are a couple of jerks who like to be complete assholes. Wario likes to hustle people out of their money and won't hesitate to leave someone behind in life or death situations. Waluigi just... he's mad cause he never gets invited to smash.

Y/n: So a butthurt crybaby and a douche. Got it.

She began roaming her hands around your upper body, as if examining it.

Meggy: It's amazing how an artificial mannequin body can perfectly replicate the one you had before.

Y/n: And how do you know how my body used to look like? I never took my shirt off in front of you.

She blushes and looked away from you, rubbing her arm.

Meggy: During your first run through Hotland, I may or may not have seen you take your shirt off trying to cool down.

Y/n: Where were you?

Meggy: Hiding behind my stand. I didn't want Saiko to find me. When I peeked out to see if the coast was clear, there you were shirt off and everything.

Y/n: Oh. Sorry about that.

She hands you your shirt back, putting it back on carefully as to not mess with the bandage.

Meggy: You didn't know. Plus... I'm not exactly complaining now am I?

Y/n: I suppose not.

You look over to see that Boopkins had the notes out for your artificial body. Picking it up you read it out loud.

Y/n: Boopkins, 'Makeshift Body Project" A body created for the sole purpose to act as a vessel for those wanting to return from the Void. Using Magic and Determination as the base components, the Makeshift Body is in many ways the same as a regular body. Meaning that over time, it will begin to treat itself normally.

Meggy: How normally?

Y/n: Umm... I will experience hunger, the need to use the restroom, basically everything we normally need to do. Including...

Meggy: Including...?

Y/n: Apparently I am still able to reproduce. Somehow.

Meggy: Oh, well that's good! So when everything calms down we can probably settle down.

Y/n: Wait, you want to start a family... with me?

She turns to you and smiles.

Meggy: I hope so. Do you feel the same?

You stand up and hug your girlfriend, she hugs back with full force.

Y/n: When everything calms down, and you still love me at the end, I will be happy to be with you and start a family together.

After sharing a kiss, the two of you head out to to the foyer. There you see Desti and Devin looking each other over, making sure neither of them were hurt.

Y/n: Is everyone okay?

Devin: Yes, sir. Everybody seems fine. No one was hurt too bad, and we managed to destroy every missile. How's your shoulder?

Y/n: Now that it's properly patched up, it feels a lot better.

Devin: I'm glad. So, how we gonna get these assholes?

Y/n: Let's leave that to the princess. We need to make sure that we're prepared in case they come back.

Devin: I suppose you're right. But I'm telling you, if they try anything else, I'm sorry but I might kill 'em.

Desti: Devin!!!

Devin: Look, I know it sounds, but they had intentions on killing all of us. And that means everyone. Not just you and me, but everyone in the castle. From us, to the civilians visiting.

Desti: I... I suppose you have a point there. But could there be another way?

Y/n: I know it sounds wrong, but if there is no other way, they may have to die. To ensure our safety.

Devin: Only if it comes to that then. I promise.

Desti: Thank you.

The four of you continue to talk. Not about the recent topic, just random things. Peach had called them into the throne room for a small meeting. Going into th he room, you take a spot next to Mario.

Y/n: Any ideas of what this is about?

Mario: No idea. But I believe it has something to do with the attack earlier.

Peach walks up and sits on the throne, putting her attention on everyone in the room.

Peach: Before we start, I just want to quickly thank Y/n and Devin for protecting all of us.

She motions towards the both of you. You give a quick wave as Devin nods at everyone as they cheered.

Peach: Now to business. Waluigi and Wario have seen fit to attack our home. They're sense of hatred towards everyone has lead them to almost kill everyone here. After searching around the debris of the missiles, we have come to find out that Admiral S. Swipe is behind the attacks.

The people gasped and began talking to one another. This went on until Peach calmed everyone down.

Peach: I will not stand by and let them get away with this. So I am getting a team together to go and capture the Admiral and question him. So, who among you are brave enough to take this challenge?

You and Devin look at each other, nodding as the same idea passes through your minds.