Chapter 19: Octonapped

That night after a huge celebration for saving the people of the city, everyone was asleep in their rooms. Well, everyone except for a certain Octoling. Desti was walking down the hall of the quiet castle, thirsty and wanting something to drink. She pulled Devins' jacket tighter around her as it got a little colder.

Getting to the kitchen, she got her drink and after a satisfied sigh, made her way back to her room. As she was walking back, she heard a noise coming from the main room. She dared not say anything for fear that someone had broken in. Instead, she snuck her way back to her room, shaking Devin awake.

Devin: Desti? Mmm... what's wrong?

She regretted waking him, but she had to let someone know.

Desti: I heard something down in the main room, I think someone broke in.

Alert now, Devin reached over and grabbed his knife, telling Desti to stay in the room, but she insisted she came along. Reaching the main room, the noise was heard again, as if something was clawing at the walls. Desti held tighter onto Devin's arm as they felt around for the light switch, not taking their eyes off the direction where the noise came from.

They knew that it wasn't human as metallic footsteps began to make their way through the darkness. Three red lights scanned the area in front of it, almost reaching them before going back to its original position. Finally reaching the switch, Devin flipped it, turning the lights on and revealing a four legged robot crawling on the walls. Its head shot up and faced the duo.

Devin: What the hell...?

Desti: I thought we got them all...

It launched itself towards the two, and Devin blocked one of its blades. As the two clashed, Desti tried to get away, but the robot spotted Desti.

Robot: Target: Desti. Orders: Capture and return to Eggman.

Devin: Eggman...

The robot knocked Devin's knife away, and grabbed his head, slamming him against the wall. As Devin fell to the ground, his head spinning and his vision blurry.

Devin: Desti... run...

He passed out as Desti cried out his name.

~~~~~

Y/n: Hey, Devin. Come on man wake up.

Devin slowly woke up, mumbling to himself.

Devin: Wh...where...?

Meggy: Are you alright Devin?

Y/n: More importantly, where's Desti? We can't find her anywhere.

Devin: De... Desti... She's...

Just then, everything that happened last night came back to him as his head cleared.

Devin: Desti was... kidnapped... by Eggman.

You and Meggy help Devin up to the couch and gave him something for his head. After his head stopped pounding, and he was able to think clearly, you all began thinking of a way to rescue Desti.

Y/n: Well firstly, how are we going to find her? We don't know where Eggman's base is.

Devin: My only question is, why Desti? Out of everyone why her?

Meggy: Probably because she's the only one who won't put up a fight.

Devin: That bastard better hope I don't find him... because if I do...

His voice started getting darker, that growl he had when he first spoke to you returned, and black lines began to crawl in his eyes. You put a hand on his shoulder making him look at you and the look in your eyes made him calm down.