Chapter 5: Determination

After Meggy talked to you, she ran out of the room and grabbed Desti's hand, dragging her along.

Desti: Meggy? Where are you taking me?

Meggy: To talk to a friend.

Meggy and Desti went back through Waterfall and through Hotland. She practically broke down the doors to a building just labeled "Lab" when no one answered the door.

Meggy: Boopkins! I know you're here! I need to talk to you!

All of a sudden, a child like voice came through an intercom.

Boopkins: But Meggy, my new anime is streaming.

Rage flashes through Meggy's eyes as she heard that.

Meggy: If you don't get your little green butt down here right now, I'll destroy every anime DVD you have!

Crashing and screaming could be heard from upstairs, before a small green figure fell down the stairs and in front of the three.

Boopkins: You wouldn't!

Meggy: Now that your here I won't. Look Boopkins, do you know anything about a place called the Void?

Boopkins: Why, yes I have. Why?

Meggy: Would there be a chance to bring someone back?

Boopkins looked shocked and started shaking his head rapidly.

Boopkins: What?! No Meggy! Bringing someone back from the Void is a very dangerous procedure! If done incorrectly, it could rupture all of time and space!

Meggy stared at Boopkins for a while, before tears started going down her cheeks. She collapses to her knees in front of Boopkins and begins to do something that shocked him.

She begged.

Meggy: P-please there has... to be a way. I need to bring him back. He means too much to me.

Boopkins starts thinking. If whoever she wants to bring back is so special that it means that one of the strongest girls he knows would start crying and begging... But there was one major problem.

Boopkins: I would love to help Meggy, but we're going to need a large amount of Determination if we are going to do something like this.

Desti: Umm... Excuse me?

Meggy and Boopkins look over at Desti to see her holding her Soul. The red Soul depicting Determination.

Desti: I've met the person Meggy is talking about. I too wish to bring him back.

After doing a bit of thinking, Boopkins agrees and leads them to a large room with a sinister looking machine.

Boopkins: This is the DT Extraction Machine. I will be able to extract the required amount of Determination from you, uh...

Desti: My name is Desti.

Boopkins: Desti. And we'll need some of your magic Meggy. So we will be able to help create an artificial Soul and body for who you need to bring back.

Desti turns to Devin who is exiting the room. She walks up and whispers to him.

Desti: Where are you going?

Devin: If that thing senses what little Determination I have left, it might drain it from me. So I'll wait out here for you.

Desti nods, and after sharing a hug, which shocked Devin, he leaves the room. Meggy and Desti go to spots that Boopkins designated them to before a glass case closes on them. After Boopkins flipped a switch, the girls felt their energy being painfully sucked out of them. After several minutes of torture, the glass cases open.

Meggy: A little warning that it would have hurt would have been nice!

Boopkins: I'm sorry! I never had to use it before!

Desti handed Meggy one of her protein bars. The orange inkling quickly devoured the food and felt her energy return slowly.

Meggy: Now what?

Boopkins: Now, I need to get to work. I will contact you when its ready.

The two girls leave the room and go through the lab again. Meggy escorted Desti back to the BTR Resort. (BTR for Bob The Rapper. Cause I'm guessing MTT is just abbreviated for Mettaton.)

Desti: Is there anything I need to be aware of here?

Meggy: Just Bob, but he's a huge pushover. Just make a few jokes and he'll let you through.

After a thumbs up, Desti and Devin walk through the doors to the resort. Meanwhile Meggy goes back home. After saying hello to Mario and Saiko, she goes to her room. It was still a mess ever since she moved her things out of Mario's room and into the vacant one, since they used to sleep in the same bed. She never bothered to clean it, but thankfully she found what she was looking for. However she noticed the changes. 

A picture that also somehow survived the resets. A picture of you and her. It WAS a picture of the both of you holding bunny ears behind each others heads. But now it was just of her holding a peace sign. It truly is like you never existed in the first place. The only thing keeping you "alive" were her memories of you. But she just becomes more determined to bring you back. She was broken out of her thoughts after a knock at her door. She opens it to see you standing there. Or well... whatever you could bring as a black mass with a head.

Meggy: Y-Y/n? What are you doing?

Y/n: I'm using whatever strength I gathered up to be in reality for a while. I just need to know, why?

Meggy: Why what?

Y/n: Why are you trying so hard to bring me back? And about that kiss from earlier. What would Mario think?

Meggy: Right, I should probably tell you. Through out these few months, that spark between Mario and I faded. We just didn't feel the same about each other. So we broke up about a week ago. It was mutual though.  During all this time, I've been thinking about you. About all we've done. I thought everything you did for me was just friendly gestures. But last timeline when you confessed, I started thinking about you more. Mario was nice, he really was, but I think he and I are better off friends. I mean even when we were together, we never really did anything. A kiss on the cheek is as far as we'd go and that was about it. Not only that, but he'd also leave me and Saiko to fend for ourselves in the face of danger.

Y/n: Yeah, I saw that.

Meggy: But everything you've done for me was all out of love. You never gave up. In a morbid sense, it was... sweet... I guess, that you sacrificed everything to make sure that never happened again.

You both use the rest of the time reminiscing. Laughing at all the jokes you've made. Until you started glitching out again.

Y/n: It seems my time is almost up here. Goodbye Meggy, I hope to see you soon.

Before you completely glitched out, Meggy planted a kiss on your lips. Your lips were cold, but she didn't care. She stayed in that position until you were gone.

Meggy: I hope so too...