Chapter 27: Bravery

Y/n: H-how...?

Betty: I know how much you miss her Y/n, so here, I thought I'd let you see her one last time... and have her kill you.

Meggy snaps her fingers and two Kraken Blasters appear behind her.

Devin: Meggy, it's us! Devin and Y/n!

Meggy holds her hand out and closes her fist. An aura of pink enveloped him and he realized he couldn't move.

Betty: Don't bother, she can't hear you. She only listens to me!

The blaster fired, and headed straight for Devin. Before they hit, you teleported in front of him and lift your arms up, a wall of bones shot out of the groud and stopped the blast.

Y/n: Sorry Meggy...

You grip her in your own telekinetic grip and throw her back, making her lose her grip on Devin.

Devin: Thanks... but what are you doing?! You are in no shape to fight right now!

Y/n: Because Meggy is right there. She is... somehow alive again. And I know that if we try hard enough, we can break her out of this mind control that Betty has her under.

He stares at you in shock.

Y/n: ...What?

Devin: Well, you are right about one thing. That is the real Meggy, your orange eye is back. And look above Betty, she no longer has your weapons!

Betty blinked and looked up. Indeed, the hands and Blaster were gone.

Y/n: Then it seems that I can only use that power when Meggy... wait didn't you say that Desti offered some of her Determination when they brought me back?

He nodded, everything started to make sense now. With Meggy's power gone, the reserve power kicked in. Had it not been for you wanting to find Betty so quickly, the red eye would have replaced the orange instead of the blue.

Y/n: So my own Patience, as well as Meggy's Bravery and Desti's Determination are in my SOUL. But we'll worry about that later, we've got a friend to save.

Devin: Any ideas how we can do this?

Y/n: One, but it's risky. Between the two of us, only I can counter Meggy's telekinesis, so I'll stay here and fight her myself, you go and find Mario.

Devin: Hold the fuck up. Out of everyone, why Mario?

Y/n: Because out of everyone, Mario is one of her closest friends. He is the only other one who can help us bring her back.

Devin: Alright. I don't like it, but it's the only plan we got. Just... don't die, alright?

You laugh slightly as you summon your seven hands.

Y/n: Sorry, but at this point... no promises.

Y/n: (Plus even if I hold back, I'm not sure how much longer I can last.)

Devin runs as you block another blast, then you bring all your hands together and fired a blast of your own. She jumps up, avioding it, but it stops and follows her up into the air. Meggy creates part of a Kraken and the ball of energy crashes into it, breaking apart and forming smaller versions. Those came together and this time, they hit Meggy. She clears away the smoke as four small versions of Betty's spear are summoned around her. She throws them at you and you counter by using your yellow hand to shoot at the spears.