ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ fɪᴠᴇ

➳

Lunar's eyes flutter open as she feels the warm body move from underneath her arm. Squinting against the light, she watches as Klaus begins to get dressed.

Vampire speed, apparently, is very convinent for such times. "Running away, big bad wolf?" Lunar mocks his own nickname for her, a smirk playing on her lips.

Klaus turns, looking at the brunette who as pushed herself up into a sitting position. He smiles at her. "I thought you were sleeping." He plants a kiss on her forehead, before moving to the doorway.

"Elijah is here, I need to have a word with him." Klaus explains, before vampire speeding off.

Lunar watches him go, before reaching to the bedside table where Pride and Prejudice sits. She holds the book in her hands, turning to the first page.

She's sure the book is quite old, and wonders where Klaus found it. Was it on a shelf downstairs? Did he buy it, or did he steal it? Running her fingers across the old, worn pages she wonders who's read it before her.

Klaus finds Elijah on the balcony over looking the Abattoir's courtyard.

"Haven't you had your fill of telling me all the ways I've disappointed you, Elijah?" Klaus asks, a coldness to his voice as he approaches his brother.

"Well, there is something important we neglected to discuss. I accused you of having ulterior motives regarding the child. I was wrong. I'm sorry." Elijah says sincerely.

"I imagine that must have been hard for you to say." Klaus shoots back.

"You don't make it easy to love you, brother." Elijah responds.

"And yet, you're obstinate in your desire to do so." Klaus says. "When you're ready, should you be so inclined, both you and Rebekah are welcome to join me here. It is, after all, our family home." Klaus tells Elijah, before descending down the stairs to the courtyard below.

———————

- the casket girls festival -

Lunar groans in frustration as she tries desperately to fasten her dress, starring at her ever increasing baby bump in the mirror. "Ugh!" She sighs.

"Stupid dress." She mutters, just as Klaus appears in the doorway behind her.

"Need some help, little wolf?" He grins, stepping into Lunar's room.

"Sure." Lunar smiles. "You might need to use all your vampire strength though."

Klaus laughs. He holds her waist with one hand as he easily does the zipper up with the other. He lingers there for a moment longer than is needed, before finally stepping away.

"Thank you." Lunar smiles, twirling this way and that in the mirrors reflection. "I guess there wasn't too many pregnant Casket Girls." She sighs, a hand instinctively finding its way to her bump.

"You look perfect." Klaus tells with a smile. "The most beautiful Casket Girl that New Orleans will ever see."

Lunar laughs. "I pity all the other poor souls if I'm the most beautiful."

Klaus steps forwards again, his hands rest against her stomach as he wraps them around her waist, pulling her closer. "Your beauty is far deeper than your looks, little wolf."

He kisses her neck gently and Lunar finds herself gasping, her breathe taken away by his words and his touch.

He runs his hands along her shoulder, across her Crescent birthmark. Lunar finds his eyes in the mirror, shivers run up her spine and lingering where his fingers have been.