ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

Klaus carries the baby up to the nursery, placing her gently in the crib. He looks down, watching her in awe, utterly perplexed by the tiny creature.

There's footsteps on the hall, and Klaus freezes, listening. He wonders if it's Lunar and Elijah, finally home, but goes to investigate anyway. When he steps out onto the balcony there is no one there, Nik frowns, but shrugs it off, returning to the nursery.

- St Anne's Church -

Davina has used magic to drag Mikael from the compound, to the church attic where she was once hidden from the world.

"Agh, stop!" Mikael complains, unable to stop himself in the threshold.

"No." Davina simply replies.

"Why is this happening? You brought me back to kill my son!" Mikael shouts, annoyed.

"I brought you back to punish him. And you will! When I'm ready, and not a minute before." Davina tells him firmly.

"What have you done?" Mikael snaps, he lunges at her but Davina lifts a hand, stopping him easily with her magic.

"I added a little something extra in the spell that brought you back." She holds up her wrist now, revealing that she's wearing a magical bracelet that she took from Cami's dark object collection. "I spent eight months of my life up here, being used as a secret weapon." Davina smiles. "Now, you can see how it feels."

She uses magic to drag Mikael so he's stood in front of her, and then forces him onto his knees. "Kneel." She orders with a grin, before telekinetically slamming the attic door shut.

- Lafayette Cemetery -

Lunar furiously grabs Genevieve's hair, causing the red headed witch to yell in pain. Pulling her to her feet, Elijah helps assist her, as they drag Genevieve into one of the tombs.

They bind her in shackles. Elijah tells Lunar they need to ask her questions, Lunar would rather just rip her head off, but she'd agreed to give interrogation a go.

"Why?" Lunar shouts, utterly furious. She's hungry, the light is unbelievably irritating, and she feels so angry that she could burn New Orleans to the ground.

"The ancestors left me no choice-" Genevieve starts to plead, but Lunar cuts her off.

"You were willing to sacrifice an innocent baby for more power?" Lunar is disgusted. "Even I wouldn't sink that low." She grabs Genevieve into a chokehold, watching as she coughs, choking out her words.

"No..not just power!" Genevieve manages to say, and Lunar eventually lets her throat go, wanting to hear more. "It was the ancestors decree. It was her decree!"

Elijah is the one to grab Genevieve's face roughly now, forcing her to look at him. "It was who's decree?" He snaps.

"I'm surprised you have to ask." Genevieve laughs weakly, and Lunar scowls. She moves forwards with the knife but Elijah holds up a hand, stopping her. Genevieve continues. "After all, you were the one who convinced your siblings to consecrate her on New Orleans soil."

Elijah lets go of her, disgusted, as he shares a glance with Lunar now. "Esther." Lunar breathes out the word, a little bit stunned. "Grandmother of the year." She adds, voice dripping with sarcasm.

"So, not even death can stop my mother from seeking the annihilation of her own flesh and blood." Elijah says, utterly disgusted.

"This isn't the end." Genevieve is visibly anxious now. "As long as that child lives, the witches of New Orleans will never stop coming for it." She starts to cry. "Esther will never stop coming for it. It has been decreed - your baby will be consecrated among her ancestors. She will not live."