ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ɴɪɴᴇ

At the Mikaelson compound, Cami is carrying a tray of tea into the room where Finn's coffin is being kept. Marcel waits for her, preparing to unbolt the coffin, for Cami to speak to her fake therapist, much to his dislike.

"You know, I'm only doing this because it means so much to you. But, if it's not safe, I'm staying." Cami turns, shooting Marcel a glare. "Not to control you! To protect you." He exclaims.

"He won't talk to me if you're here, Marcel. And, he's in no shape to pick a fight." Cami replies.

Marcel shakes his head in frustration before beginning to unlock Finn's coffin.

Finn, who remains shackled with the enchanted manacles, is severely weak and falls forwards when the door opens. Marcel catches him, before depositing him into a nearby chair.

Finn looks from Marcel to Cami, then back again, with confusion, before Cami gives Marcel a look.

"I'll be outside." Marcel says, before leaving them alone.

Cami sits down in a chair opposite Finn and sighs. "I'm not much of a cook, but I do make a mean grilled cheese." She hands him a plate, but Finn refuses to take it.

"You're a compassionate woman, Camille. It's your fatal flaw, and it will be your downfall." Finn replies.

"Well, that got dark fast." She laughs awkwardly. "Come on, eat. You must be starving."

"I will not be tempted by your beauty, nor will I be blinded by your empathy." He retorts.

Cami rolls her eyes. "You don't leave a girl much wiggle room. I'd appeal to your morals, but those seem to be all over the map."

"Your morality is a moving target. Mine is not. You believe people can change. You're still seeking out Klaus' redemption, as if that were a thing that was even possible. Elijah seeks it out. The girl always on his arm seeks it out. Even my own mother seeks it out! But, I do not believe in redemption. I believe in right and wrong. I believe in good." He raises his arms to show his shackled wrists now. "And evil."

Cami is taken aback with the fury in which Finn speaks his words, the hatred that's laced within his voice. "Maybe in some comic book universe.." She replies, trying to remain composed.

Finn rises to his feet now, leaning in close to Cami's face. "You don't even see it, but I'm trying to help people like you!"

"I don't believe you." She replies.

"And that is to your peril, because when I'm free, I will not stop until every single vampire in New Orleans has ceased to exist! And I will show no mercy to anyone who dares stand with them!" Finn furiously shouts, pulling the chains binding his wrists taught and pushing them against Cami's throat, threatening her. "Not even you." He hisses.

After a moment, he finally backs away from a terrified Cami. The blonde hops up off her chair, rushing out of the room.

"Lock him back up." She tells Marcel as she passes him, not breaking her stride.

- Safe House, Arkansas -

Elijah is on the porch of the safe house, stacking up firewood. As he does so, his mind wanders to the dreams Esther made him endure.