ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

➳

Lunar frantically paces and back forth, phone to her ear. This is the ninth time she's phoned Klaus, but there is no answer. She is furious.

"Klaus Mikaelson, you better hope your dead or I'll have to come kill you myself for not answer your god damn phone!" Lunar shouts into the answer machine. Jackson watches on, he raises his eyebrows at her, a small smile on his face. "Men." Lunar shrugs, before scrolling through her contacts.

She reaches Elijah's name and clicks on it, deciding he'll have to get over his mood with her once and for all.

"Lunar." He answers, she breaths a sigh of relief at the sound of his voice.

"Elijah, something's going on with the witches." Lunar tells him.

"Listen to me. You were right. Celeste is back. Niklaus, Rebekah - you're all in danger." Elijah says, and Lunar feels her heartbeat quicken, just as a gust of wind slams the doors shut.

"What's going on?" Jackson asks Lunar, she'd almost forgot he was there.

"Like I said, it's a trap. I didn't make a deal with the witches." Lunar refrains from rolling her eyes, feeling like she's repeating herself.

"Lunar, you have to find Rebekah. You stay with her until I get there." Elijah tells her firmly.

"No, Elijah, I can't get hold of Klaus. If what you're saying is true I need you to make sure he's ok." Lunar is frantic.

"Niklaus will be fine, you are my priority now." Elijah tells her, leaving no room for doubt.

"Elijah, please. I'll be fine. I can handle myself. Just make sure-" she's cut off by flames suddenly erupting in front of her. "Well, that's not good." She mutters, scooting backwards.

"What's happening, Lunar?" Elijah sounds mildly panicked on the other end of the line.

"I think the witches have put a spell on the house." Lunar tells him, she tries to open one of the doors, but it's jammed shut. "They're trapping us inside." She hangs up the phone, turning to Jackson.

"What is going in, Lunar?" He asks her.

"It's a long story, but right now we need to get out of here." Lunar tells him. "I'll explain after, providing we survive." She shrugs, looking back at the flames.

Jackson nods, he picks up the piano stool and throws it at the window. The stool shatters, whilst the window remains shatter free. Lunar rolls her eyes.

"The house is spelled shut Jack, how dumb are you." She laughs.

"You were the one who used to run around with the witches, not me, remember?" He teases back, and for a moment Lunar feels like a fourteen year old girl again, joking with her best friend.

"Worked out ok for me, didn't it." Lunar shrugs, before beginning to cough as the flames grow bigger, reaching the curtains and climbing up the walls.

Jackson grabs a towel and vase of flowers, pouring water from the vase onto the towel. The flowers are disregarded on the floor, and Lunar watches as they burn, oddly finding it both sad and satisfying.

"Here. Breathe through this." Jackson hands Lunar the towel. She takes it from him, confused as to why he's actively trying to save her.

Suddenly a window shatters and Elijah appears through the flames, fighting against the fire as he approaches Lunar. She shuts her eyes as he lifts her and speeds out of the house, letting her go when their safely outside.