ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

➳

Esther is in the coven's greenhouse, where she has written Kol's name in runic symbols with salt on the table, along with the triskelion.

Finn watches her from across the room. "Well, you always did know how to leave a message, mother."

She smirks. "If only all my sons were as respectful as you are. Kol will return home soon, Elijah will wake from his slumber believing the only way to salvage his humanity is to rejoin our family."

Finn nods in agreement, before Esther continues. "Which is why it is time for you to bring Camille in." She hands him a small bundle of herbs. "Here. I've spelled this to subdue her without causing bodily harm."

"I thought we had more time." Finn says, unsure.

"We don't. Once Klaus has been duly influenced by his father, we will need to act quickly." Esther says sternly, leaving no room for doubt.

"No, there's no need for this." Finn protests, his mother gives him a serious look. "I can bring her in without it."

- The Bayou -

Klaus is wandering through the Bayou, looking for the merlock orchids to awaken Elijah. As he walks through the dense forest of the bog, a man follows behind, knife in hand.

Stopping, Klaus senses he's not alone. Tuning into his supernatural senses, he hears the man's heart beating, the steady sound of his breathing. Annoyed, Klaus vamp-speeds to where Ansel has been watching from behind a tree, and pins him to it.

"Stop following me. I have no intention of taking Esther's bargain, and no desire to be remade a mortal being. Now, kindly piss off. I'm in a hurry to help my real family." Klaus tells him, before storming away.

"You seek the merlock orchid." Ansel calls, causing Klaus to stop in his tracks.

"How did you know that?" He asks, turning towards him.

"I saw you carry Elijah home last night. Who do you think used to find the orchid for your mother to put Mikael to sleep? Without my help, you could search forever." Ansel replies.

They stare at each other for a long while, a small smile lifting onto Ansel's features as he looks at his son.

"My mother brought you back from the dead. My sense of strategy tells me that it wasn't to play a father son game of hide and seek." Klaus retorts, before turning away once again.

"You can storm off in a fit of stubbornness if you like, but I suggest you do so toward the West." Ansel remarks, gesturing to his right.

Klaus stops, considering this for a moment before sighing and following his father's directions.

- Marcel's apartment -

Lunar and Aiden are still at Marcel's apartment, but Josh and Hayley have now joined them to go over the plan to take down Finn.

Lunar smoothes out a map, spreading it across the table whilst Aiden stands next to her, addressing the others.

"Cami said Vincent wants to meet at Preservation Hall. But, he won't be unprotected." He tells them, before pointing to various locations on the map. "There will be wolves positioned here and here."

Marcel thinks for a moment, before pointing to a separate location on the map. "Can we keep this alley open?" Aiden nods.

"Alright, I'll wait there and rip Vincent's head off." Hayley remarks.