ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ

➳

"We sedated her too heavily." Elijah says, even though the wind continues to howl around New Orleans.

"Well, if this is her sedated, I'd hate to see her otherwise." Klaus shoots at his brother. "We all agreed that Davina must be sacrificed. There's no need to let her blow the roof off our heads in the meantime."

"No way! You're not touching her!" Marcel jumps down off the balcony into the courtyard below, landing a punch to Klaus.

"Ok. I'll let you have that one." Klaus eyes Marcel.

Elijah steps forwards, pushing Marcel back so he can't continue fighting with Klaus. "Marcel, no one wishes to see Davina come to harm less than I, but there is no scenario here in which we simply wait this out. She's going to die." Elijah tries to explain.

"According to Sophie, the witch who screwed over everybody here." Marcel shoots back.

"The Harvest was working before it was stopped. If a non-believer like Sophie Deveraux can come to have faith that these girls will be resurrected, then, I also am a believer." Elijah says.

"I saved Davina from the Harvest, and now you want me to just hand her over?" Marcel is furious.

"Do you think that I'm happy about this?" Klaus interjects. "If the witches complete the Harvest, not only do they regain their power, we lose our weapon against them. The earthquake I was willing to chalk up to hideous coincidence, but these winds? If Davina is not sacrificed, then every inch of earth that shook, everything blowing about now will soon be drenched in water and consumed by fire."

"Oh! Now you care about the city!" Marcel snaps.

"We ought to. We built it." Elijah responds.

"And we all saw it burnt to the ground twice. I will not let that happen again. Do I make myself clear?" Klaus eyes Marcel, his features hard.

"Yeah. Yeah." Marcel responds, all but rolling his eyes as he leaves; heading back up the stairs.

Lunar is stood on the balcony, looking down at the courtyard below. She's listened into the conversation; although she doesn't have much clue as to what is happening. She waits for Marcel to head down the hallway before she descends down the stairs.

"Not a people person, are you, Niklaus?" Elijah is saying, unaware of Lunar approaching them.

"Nonsense. I love people." Klaus smirks. "Just on my way to warn a couple prominent ones in case the weather gets out of hand. If you fancy yourself as plus diplomatique, perhaps you'd like to come along."

"No. Soon Sophie Deveraux shall be consecrating Celeste's remains, and though her actions are reprehensible, still I should pay my respects." Elijah says.

Lunar steps forwards now, drawing both original's attention towards her.

"So, what did I miss?" She asks awkwardly, rocking back and forth on her heels.

"Just on my way out." Elijah tells her coldly, moving past her without saying another word.

"Which one of us is the people person again?" Klaus calls after his brother, a small smirk playing on his lips. He turns to look at Lunar, stepping towards her.

"I'm guessing Davina is responsible for the glorious hurricane outside?" Lunar asks with a laugh.

Klaus nods. "There's more where that came from too." He says. "Floods, fire. All the good stuff."

Lunar sighs. "And from what I just saw, I'm guessing Sophie wants to complete the Harvest to stop it, and Marcel isn't happy about that?"

Klaus raises his eyebrows and shrugs. "You've just about covered it, little wolf."