ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛʏ fɪᴠᴇ

➳

Congregating in Marcel's loft; Josh, Oliver and Marcel have joined the discussion on the werewolves dilemma.

"The witch wants soldiers. So now, it's either join up or pay the price." Aiden tells them.

"I've known my brother Finn to be merciless, but I'll admit, this exceeds even my exceptions." Elijah remarks.

"They're just kids. Marcel, I've heard the stories, you know the Quarter like the back of your hand. If anyone can get them out of here, it's you." Hayley says, trying to take charge of the situation.

"Oh? And take 'em where?" He questions, raising his eyebrows. "I'm sorry, but where is Lunar?"

"I don't know!" Hayley exasperates.

Oliver looks at her, before stepping over to Marcel. "There's still wolves deep in the Bayou. Ones that didn't take the ring. They can look after them." He says, trying to resolve the situation.

"The ones that never sold out, you mean." Marcel shoots back.

"You wanna look at it like that, that's fine. We did what we had to do." Ollie shrugs.

Marcel sighs. "You wolves have been fighting us for decades. Why trust us now?" He questions.

Aiden hesitates for a moment. "One of the recruits is my little brother." Josh looks at him in shock now. "There's no way I'm sending him to war. Besides, Lunar seems to trust you people, and she happened to be a good friend of mine."

Elijah and Marcel share a look, before Elijah sighs. "Tell us what you need."

- Davina's family cabin -

Kol has arrived at the cabin, after Davina called him with a list of things. He brings them to her now. She's sat in a chair in the living room, trying to rest her painful ankle.

He bends down to examine it. "Yeah, I've heard about this! I've never actually seen it firsthand. It appears someone has knocked you head over heels, quite literally!" Davina giggles. "And I thought I'd have that honour!" He feigns offence.

Davina just continues to laugh at Kol's teasing. "Hmm." She says, smiling.

Kol uses his fingers to scoop up a herbal poultice that he's made out of a bowl, he spreads it over Davina's bruised ankle now.

"Ugh, it smells like-" Davina says, pulling a face.

"You've run into something quite dead?" Kol finishes for her. "Yeah. It's just a little something I picked up from a shaman bloke in Uganda." He explains, finishing treating her ankle. "There you go!"

Davina sighs in relief, trying to stand. "Wow, the pain is just-" she stumbles, and Kol catches her.

"Woah, woah, woah." He sits her back down in the chair. "It's magic, alright? It's not a miracle."

He props her ankle up on another chair so it can rest, before nodding towards a cluster of herbs, vials and parchments with magical writing, all set on one table.

"That's quite the spell you've got going there!" He remarks, and Davina chuckles. "I mean, not to pry, but I figured you had your secrets after our last date ended in a werewolf bar brawl."

She smiles sheepishly. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that."

"Aw, it's alright. I've never really liked dull girls, anyway. That said, what exactly is going on here?" Davina opens her mouth to speak, but can't quite find the words. "You're still not the trusting sort." Kol observes.