2-In 500 years

In 500 years a lot changes: people change, life changes and we changed. To be honest, when we first arrived to earth we were terrified. We were like a broken snow globe, with a vague facade-like image of the past. It was tough. It changed us. Yet we remained loyal because though we had forgotten most of our memory, our piercing love for each other lingered upon our grief. Glimpses of the dilute past had resurfaced. Echos of our magic had migrated back. At least for most of us. From six, we became five.

Throughout the first few years it became tough on us. We realised that we were unable to grow, due to another effect of the rift. Because we were in another dimension, it meant that we were stunted. Never be able to grow- have children- get married- live normally and die, peacefully.

Our powers were also subdued and like a ghost, we became lifeless and destroyed.
Our memories were scattered like a puzzle. We had pieces that we had to connect together. Yet how can we finish a puzzle, if the pieces haven't been given to us.

After a couple of months, we had been reunited with our Aunt. She was tough, she strengthened us and united us with ourselves. On the other hand, it was a mere illusion, she was more broken than us; constantly painting this false picture of us being humans, like the past never existed. Maybe that was for the best.

After 100 years we became educated, strong and tough. We finally grasped the human way. Fortunately we were finally a family, unfortunately a broken one, who had to project this image of normality, yet in reality we were far from normal.

After 200 years, life had became easier.
It was like a record, that was on an endless loop and we were it's notes, orchestrating this lie, this truth that had finally settled in. Time was strange. We were in complete isolation from normal humans. Yet it didn't feel like centuries. Instead it felt like long weeks.

After 300 years, we still faced the burden of feeling sad and out of place.
Aunt Carol took it the worst. Still unable to accept it, she resumed this false willpower, when in reality she'd had been smashed into pieces again and again, like the broken mirror that once was our home. We never learnt to control our powers instead Carol forbade it at all costs. She refused to speak about Opentam and instead faked being normal. We were like six year olds inside fifteen year olds. We decided it would be best to move again, just like we had been doing for the previous centuries. Despite the change, we remained united in the face of irregularity. I guess that was because that's all we knew.
Carol was hiding something from us. She was distraught and any mention of Opentam would send her along a string of mental depression.

Before we arrived to Opentam. We had individual features that distinguished us. Our hair colour, for example. Mine was a gorgeous crimson and my eyes were red, like fire.
Lexi had yellow/blonde with amber eyes.
Kai had a luscious aqua/blue.
Jess had a beautiful violet and Stiles was grey/silver. Yet just like our identity, it vanished.
Forcing us with a generic, brown coloured hair and blue eyes.

I guess you could call it. A Camoflauge.

After 400 years, life had finally slowed down. Aunt Carol in a desperate attempt to live as a human became educated in medicine, maybe that's because she thought that would solidify her appearance and it would finally become true. We all had to cope with change. Not only with ourselves but the world around us. Get used to death. Get used to see the world develop.

Yet isn't it ironic. How something, to other humans, who'd view this as an adventure and a gift was viewed opposite by us, who thought it was far from that. It was more like a curse that we were stuck with.

Throughout the years, we were victims of many deadly wars. Since we constantly shuffled around the planet. We would barely see any other humans. The ones that we did encounter. We would hear tales from them. Tales of such gore. There was war. A plague. Numerous things that would affect normal humans.