14-Linked Subconciousness

"What do you mean?" I asked.

She looked at me. "When you went to the location of the rift, you must have triggered the rift opening, which-"

"-Which caused it to sink." Jess responded.

"But how do you know it's opening? What's that got to do with the sky?" Asked Lexi.

"The sky is turning purple and the moon is turning Gold, you silly girl. Just like Opentam." Carol said while strutting back and forth. We were in the house now.

Lexi perched her lips. She looked irritated. She gulped. "What does that mean then?"

Carol looked at me. "I think you know..."

I knew. We all did.

"Methaya can escape." I stated.

Even saying it, made the words tumble out my mouth, smashing into pieces as it slit the floor.
"So-what do we-" I coughed. I felt sick. Real sick. It had to be the truth.

"I feel sick too." Kai said while wiping his runny nose.

I felt dizzy. The room started spinning and then-blackness. Just blackness.
I saw a white light or was it...purple. I don't know. I don't know anything anymore and then I dropped.

----------------

I woke up on grass. It was damp and when I brushed my hands against it, I could feel the coldness. A purple hue hit everywhere. It was stronger than the 'fake hue' at home. More of a deep violet purple and I instantly knew where I was; Opentam.

But where exactly?

I got up and turned around. Ah- shit. It was the same location as my dream, except I wasn't deep in the forest this time. I was right at the edge, in the backyard of our castle. The castle. Our castle. Just standing too close to it felt heavenly. I could see the gold spiral out of it. Yet I didn't have time to sightsee, I had to find whatever the hell I was supposed to find, whether it's the damn Marker again or yeah. I've been in too many of these scenarios by now, that I know what to do.

Trust your instinct and right now, mine was leading me inside. I ran into the arch doorway at the back that had marble pillars connected at the side. Instantly I was brought to this large grand room that had a beautiful wood table- perfectly centred.
Kai.

He was sitting at the side of the table, panicking. I could tell from his expression.

"Ember is that you?" He called out.

"Kai. Yeah it's me bro." I replied back.

"How do I know it's not a trick? I don't want to be in this dream again." He wailed.

I walked towards him (the distance not being very far) and as I got close, he flinched.

"Look." I said, as I poked him in the arm. "It's okay."

He sighed in relief. "So that means I can move."

"Yeah. Haven't you- tried?" I asked sarcastically.

"I didn't know that it was worth bothering. Last time in my dream. It was this exact table." He said, while his eyes focused on a corner and he zoned out.