30-The Snake's Eye

My heart was an anchor that dragged me down, as I walked up the stairs. It spiralled to the top. I couldn't see what awaited, but I could guess what it was. As I slowly walked up, I thought about the moments that brought me here.

This whole month was horrible. All we- all I ever wanted was to have a normal life. Yet- is that even possible for people like us? 500 years. 500 years that we spent with that murderer. She waited 500 years- to kill us. To kill me.

My breathing fluctuated as I neared to the top. I recalled, seeing Kai and Lexi, battered on the floor with bruises, burns and cuts all upon their face. I'm so sorry.

My heart was also with Stiles and Jess, who I couldn't even fathom, how they were reacting to the situation. It was shit for everyone.

The top of the stairs led to a little flap. My hands shuddered, as I pulled my self up.
Immediately I was hit with a florescent green glare and while my eyes adjusted, I caught her eyes.

There she was, perched on a throne. She looked even more vile as before; Her hair was coveted with black cobras, snapping in all directions like knives. Her tail was a dark green, with a black and gold-belt leading to a breastplate, placed on the midriff. It had also doubled in size, than the last time we saw her- paralleling the basilisk. Her face was a rotten colour with black sharp fangs, layered in the hole, replacing her mouth. And her eyes were exactly the same- white pupil-less eyes, that had a faint white glow.

The throne, however was stunning. It was a platinum colour with diamonds encrusted in each spot, glistening. The sight of Methaya sat on the throne was unsettling, especially as her tail dangled off the edge.

We were at the roof of the tower which looked like it didn't even belong there. It was massive and It was like a balcony that had an obsidian floor with floating purple torches, as the orange sky barricaded us. 'So high up.' I thought, as my body trembled at the thought of falling all the way down back at the ground- back at earth.

Standing beside her throne, on both sides, were two statues. One was a women, whose face etched surprise, as she cradled the bump around her belly. The other was a child- about an infant. He barely reached the seat of the throne and his face was flinched; Probably never daring to predict that, that would've been his last moments. He was a baby and she did that to him. She killed him.

When she saw me, she simply smirked and waved her fingertips in a sassily manner, which made me even more furious.

I slowly walked up to her, knowing well that I couldn't do anything. I was powerless yet this time- I wasn't intimidating by her. The realisation that she was Carol grounded her a bit and I, instead fuelled the fear into hate.

"Hello. Little boy." She whispered as her hole curled.

I wanted to respond- I wanted to say something back, yet seeing her, stifled many emotions- that a person shouldn't feel. Without thinking, I just charged at her. Yelling, I was sprinting towards her throne as she watched, barely moving an inch. I didn't know what I was doing but I didn't care- it was all that I could do.

She sighed and flicked her wrist as I fell on my knees. 'Argh!' I moaned as I gripped my head, which pounded ferociously. She had her hand out and clenched it, causing the pain in my head to swell. It felt like it was about to explode and all I could do was scream to try to calm it.

She flicked her hand again and I rolled backwards, my face slamming the ground.

"No greetings? I've been waiting for you for a long time." Hissed Methaya, in a calm tone.

I was gasping heavily. My head pain had stopped yet the feeling of dying still lingered.

"Ember. Come on dear. Don't you want to speak to me?" She snarled mockingly.