7-Rest In Peace

The sky was bright orange, with streaks of red and vermillion going through it. The ground consisted of slate, painted with amber.
I could feel the heat radiating on my skin while I walked away from my home.
Where am I?

I turned backwards, facing the house. Yet it was no longer there. Replaced, by a slanted mountain. No noise. No warning. It had been plotted there, like paint.
Well I'm definitely still dreaming.

This- place. This world was not familiar. It was definitely not a memory.
But it wasn't a normal dream. I was in control. It was real.

Judging from my last dream. I figured, that I had to walk, to set an occurrence.
So I set off, trailing away from the mountain because bitch I ain't climbing shit.

Rapidly; Concentrated air belched from the ground. It was fire that spurred upwards, as if I was walking on landmines.

As I walked, I could feel my face getting hotter and hotter, like I was being scorched by air.
The area was completely vacant. The only significant thing I saw, was the mountain. However, I looked back and it had to be far because it was out of distance.
Urgh. Do I have to go back?

I took a step, in the direction I came from. When I heard a bang behind me. A remnant of a flame lingered. It had to be a message. I had to continue in the direction, I was going before.

It was extremely odd because I didn't feel tired. I just felt agitated
The more further I walked, the more impatient I became. What was I looking for?

Snap. I stepped on something. Below my shoe, there was a bow. It was wooden and wasn't carved very articulately.
I remember this.
I remember fashioning it, during the 1500's.
It was all that we could do.

Damn. It had been five hundred years. Since we came to Earth 1. It was insane.
Five hundred years but it felt like only five years.
Seriously. How?

I felt the bow within my tips and held it tight. A grin formed in my face. Bows aren't useful now but before, they were everything.

My first bow.
But why was it here. In my dream. I had to keep walking. There was something here. Something bigger. Yet I could feel the pressure heightening as my shoe slit the flat ground. Gravity was taking its toll, as I stumbled to the ground. It was that intense that I couldn't walk and was forced to crawl. I wanted to take a break, but I couldn't stop myself.
The Thrill was satisfying.

The slate was warm and soothing but regardless, I couldn't keep doing this. I had to wake up, eventually.
What did I have to see?

My hands were aching and I craved to wake up.
How long has it been?

Why am I doing this?

I couldn't even fathom trying to get up, as even though I was crawling, it took all my strength not to be pushed down and lay idle.

There was nothing. No fire landmines (thank gosh).

Then I heard it. An animal screech, before something flew past my head, blazing the sky.
Relief. Just like that, the force shouldering me had lifted. My bones tingled into jelly, as they relaxed.

I got up to my feet, only to duck. The thing came soaring past, again.
Cawing, it hovered ahead of me, staring at me.

Completely fabricated with fire, it had four wings attached to its body. It resembled a dragon and it's two tails, were like flamethrowers.

"What are you doing here? Little gu- thing." Muttered I, as I slowly sauntered towards it.

It jerked away from me and stretched it's wings
backwards. It looked like it was trying to intimidate me, as it's head perked up.
It looked a lot bigger than it did before.

I couldn't see it's facial features, as it was basically, a huge flame.
However, I lowered my head. Crouching, I attempted to walk forwards again.
"It's okay." Whispered I, stretching out my hands.

The beast leaped over me with its four legs. Yet when I turned around, it had disappeared and where he last stood, a huge forest replaced it.
Nope. Hell no. I thought, as I rolled my eyes.

Seriously. Again?
I contemplating whether to do it again. Stood between a crossroad. The forest or to head back towards my abandoned house. I was positive that if I waited, I would for sure wake up.
What do I do?
--------------------

I took a deep breath and began plodding my way through the trees, for the third time within three weeks.
The same measly trees and the boring grass.
Sigh.

In the other two dreams, I would normally walk forwards until the sneaky bastard, crept behind me. So I thought it would be best to imitate them.

The sky was blanketed by leaves. It was dark and the only sound, was the sound of leaves getting trudged beneath my shoes.

The warmth that I felt was still here. I could feel it. I could fully relish in it, without defying gravity.

It was hard, avoiding trees when you're surrounded by them but I still tried to keep my distance. The other dream with the tree had terrified me. Not today Satan.

"You can come out now!" I called, out in the open. It was anti-climatic now that I'd endured The Marker, before.

"Fine then. Don't want to have a civilised conversation. Be that way. Bitch."

I resumed on my journey, expecting to walk longer but I was wrong.
A man was standing in front of me. Through the darkness, I could only make out his dark blue cloak and his brown hair that curled behind his ears. I slowly stepped forwards and his features became visible. He looked royally handsome.
But he shouldn't be here.

"Dad?" I squeaked. I was flabbergasted.

His mouth curled into a smile. He proceeded to turn around and walk away.

I was shocked. I hadn't seen or spoken to my father in centuries. Even before in Opentam, he had died when I was young. Killed by Methaya.

But even then. He was distant. I hardly had any vague memories with him and any that I did have, the rift had wiped it out to blurs.

But he was standing here. In front of me. I missed him. Both of them. Mother too.

"Wait!" I yelled, as I chased him. He had disappeared behind a tree. I followed him, using all my energy. But It was now that my legs decided to give in. I could feel them wobbling, in tiredness.

He was so far in the distant, like he was walking rapidly.
"Please." I begged, gasping for air.

Ignoring my body's pleas for help, I sprinted after him. Until I tripped over something, causing me to roll in the grass.

I shot my head back up and he wasn't there. No.
My head dropped on the ground, as I punched the grass. Balling my hands in a fist, I ripped it out. I was furious. I twitched backwards towards the thing, I tripped on and it was a rock. It was curved and was actually medium sized. How could I have missed this?

It had little indentations stitched onto it. I focused my eyes, leaning towards it.
It read "Here Lays Ember Quine. May He Rest In Peace."