29-Battletower

Through the mirror, I walked into an abyss, without a hint of light. I couldn't see anything but it reminded me of the corridor, where the memories were. I tried touching, feeling anything but I was totally blind.
I rummaged through the darkness until a noise erupted behind me.

"Hello?" Yelled the voice, which echoed through the walls.

"Ember. You there?"

"Kai?" I asked.

"Yeah it's me-"

"And me!" Screamed Lexi, like a dog yearning for validation.

"We can't see anything." Added Kai.

"Neither can I." Stated I.

"Well duh." Muttered Lexi.
"Use your powers Ember. You know. Fire."

"I-I cant." I said.

"Why?" Beseeched Lexi.

"Because I can't. Okay!" Snapped I.

"Okay I'll use mine!" Shouted Lexi in a tone that judged me. Within seconds, a source of light shined through the blackness. Fizzing, Lexi's palm were shooting jolts of electricity. It was still pretty dark yet we could now see blurs of each other.

"Wow we were all pretty close to each other. Don't know why we were shouting?" Said Lexi smoothly.

It was extremely discomforting seeing Lexi like that. She had two palms glowing with light, similar of that to The Marker. Lexi didn't know about my memories. I didn't get the time to tell her.
"You look like-"

"The Marker" Interjected Kai. Who looked up at me and then down to his feet again, shuffling them.

As I scanned the room. I realised that we were all pushed against a thin space. Entrapped by avid walls. There was a little gap right next to Kai, who was unaware as he was facing the other direction. Without hesitation I started walking through the gap with the others trailing behind. "It's a maze" I said.

"What's at the end?" Asked Lexi, who was stroking the brittle walls. Everything looked black. Everything except our colourful hair.

"Hopefully the stairs." Hoped Kai.

------------------

We were walking, twisting and turning as we frequently changed direction, trying to find a way back up. There were multiple times, where we had the choice to go between two directions. After numerous debacles, we had to choose one and all of us had to go.

"I'm bored." Muttered Lexi. Who was walking while shaking her hair.

"Tough. We have to find Car-" I said, while immediately stopping.

Kai attempted to cough to distract Lexi, who was looking at us suspiciously. Lexi didn't know about the memory, therefore she didn't know that Carol was Methaya. We had too little time to discuss it.

I continued walking, cringing at the awkwardness. Trying to justify the mistake I made. I coughed. "We have to find Carol and Methaya." I said. I was walking straight, feeling extremely claustrophobic, while the walls were closing in on us. I then stopped hastily on my path.

"Why'd you stop?" Asked Lexi who bumped into my back.

"Did you hear that?" I asked quietly

"Nope. Hear what?" Questioned Kai.

I was about to answer but before I could, a huge, shrill, hissing noice manifested, bouncing from every direction.
We all dropped dead-silent, scared to awake the monster that cradled beneath the walls.