28-An Arduous Journey

My arm ached as we trekked along the cold orange slate. Imperium looked nothing like we remembered. I remembered a beautiful well that centred rose bushes and was overlaid by a crystal violet sky and soapy clouds.

However the new place was a cracked visage. The sky had been replaced with an orange drought, which held the broken planet, all alone.

There was no grass. No flowers. Instead stone had been splattered everywhere.The well had been obliterated and was now barely a crack in the slate, which oozed a mercury liquid.

I could see remnants of a castle nearby the well yet it was destroyed and I knew that it was the second castle, the one that we stayed in during our teen years. Which meant that Opentam- was far, far away.

Me and Kai was shivering as we looked sign for refuge. There was nothing and nobody. We had been walking for hours, despite our aching legs. We would frequently come across some petrified humans that were now lifeless statues. There was nothing, nobody. We must have been thousands of miles away from the kingdom. That is, if there still was a kingdom.
--------------

Instead we only had each other to comfort with. Through the arduous journey, I recounted to Kai the memories that I had. The Tranara that I had met. Edgar. Carol. The young me. Mother. Father and The Marker. That part he specifically gasped at.

After that it got awkward. Both of us remedying in the silence. Until he turned to me and said.

"How are you feeling?" He stopped in his track and looked at me with sympathetic eyes and I broke down.

I couldn't help it. Hot tears streamed down my face. I didn't really ask my self that question. Kai wrapped his arm around me and squeezed me tightly. It was the rare brotherly moments that we actually had.

"Hey it's okay. Just take a moment." He said, while offering me a seat on the ground, as he sat down.

"I-I guess I feel helpless. It's too overwhelming. I feel lost. There's too much things happening at the same time. I-I feel like I'm sti-ill a child. Granted I'm over 500 years old but I haven't had time." All in good time. That Damn Edgar.

"Hey I understand. I feel the same way. It's hard and Carol!" Scoffed Kai.

"That Bitch. Luring us up here. The only reason we're still here is to kill the sket." I said while smirking and wiping my tears.

Kai furrowed his eyebrows.
"There you go. Let it out. Let's go catch us a snake." Said Kai as he got up. He was about to start walking until he noticed that I was still sitting.
"What's the matter?" He said kneeling down.

"I'm thirsty." Croaked I.

Kai chuckled. "You should've just said." He swished his hand and like that, water just materialised in the thin air. The water that Kai produced defied gravity and was attracted to his hand like a magnet, obeying any command. His face balled up into a concentration and his eyebrows snuffed as the water moulded into thick bubbles. I swallowed them like a puppy, enjoying the luscious taste, as it melted in my mouth.

"For your information I did ask." I sneered as I got up and started walking. We had been on this journey for hours.

There was no trees or Tranaras. No beings. Nothing. Just rocky mountains that we had to hike. It helped that it was dusk as we walked.

As far as we knew, Imperium was known as the 'Twilight Planet', which explained why every memory we all had, was during the night.

However Methaya or shall I say 'CaRoL' has reshaped the world to be an orange dusk. It droned on meagrely. It was nothing exciting. In fact, the journey was more boring.