21-Camoflauge

It had now been dawn, as the sun slowly rose emitting light upon our dazzled faces.
Our hairs each glowing and glistening like a multitude of rainbows.

Carol's hair which was short and curly remained auburn with streaks of blue flowing through the tips. Her eyes too had a dark outline coating her original sky eyes. She was wearing a scruffy dress, probably one that she threw on to rush to us.

Us on the other hand, we were wearing dirty clothes, full with dust because of the lack of shower and having to sleep on the floor.

"Let me get this straight. Everything we've been doing has been because of our psychic heritage and has been under the influence of Methaya. How?" Cried Lexi in confusion.

"Yes. First Stiles with his intuition sparked this whole ordeal. If it wasn't for him, then Ember wouldn't have to worry." Said Carol scuttling her eyes towards Stiles.

"Really?" Whimpered Stiles, as he sulked.

"Everything has had its toll. Even the linked subconscious was meant to unify us, therefore allowing us to discover the fact that were linked, which instilled fear." Said Jess

"And fear makes us weak..." Said Kai dismally.

"Why didn't you tell us this before?" I confronted her. "You could've saved the hassle of me finding out that I was a backstabber."

"No- you don't understand. You can never alter with the future. Otherwise you reap great-great consequences, like-before." Said Carol manically. "I had to keep the secrets from you or you would suffer greatly. It was hard but it was needed."

"One thing I don't get is, why have we returned to our original state? Why has the camouflage stopped working?" Quizzed Jess.

"Well Jess, when you all first arrived to Earth. Your hair and eyes had changed colour, due to the loss of your powers. However when they slowly returned, so did your identity. I taught you how to camouflage them, as it wasn't ordinary in this Earth and to avoid being suspected. I'm assuming now- since the rift has opened, your magical self is trying to be free." Waffled Carol.

"-and that's why yours was strengthened." Muttered Kai, as he swiftly scrunched his eyes at Carol in a quick second.

"It's been a long time, I've seen my hair in its original colour." Said Jess in awe, as she smoothed her purple pigtails.

Yet beneath her, the ground shook throwing
the siblings off their feet.
Again? How many bloody earthquakes do a couple of teens have to go through?

"W-whats going on?" Yelled Lexi, as she rolled on the ground, her body shivering.

"The rift?" Asked Stiles, who was perfectly standing still as if nothing affected him.

"No. It must be you, your powers." Screamed Carol, who's hair seemed more darker.

Suddenly boulders shot from the ground, like lightning. One close to Kai, which caught his arm. His arm was bleeding with a nasty cut. Yet we were too distracted.

Rain started oozing from the sky. Little droplets. One landed on Lexi's hand.

"Argh." She flinched, as she jerked her hand away from the droplet.
"It burnt me." Moaned Lexi.

"It must be acidic." Screamed Carol, who was ducking beneath a moldy, dead tree.

"No. It's boiling water!" Yelled I.

The rain started getting monstrous like a carnivorous beast. We all started ducking by the trees around us. All of us, except Kai who had to drag his arm toward the rubble, as he laid beneath it. The fiery rain didn't afflict damage to the trees, like they weren't ordinary.
Strange.

The rain and the boulders had stopped. I tried to get up, to rush to Kai. Yet I was stuck, like I was glued to the tree.

"-I cant move." Stuttered I, as I tried pulling myself off.

"Same!" Screamed Stiles and Carol.

There seemed to be something under us. A purple liquid started spilling on the ground. Instantly we all knew what it was. It was Jess' slime.

"It's all sticky. That's never happened before." Said Lexi, who couldn't move her head to face Jess as she was behind her.

"No. It hasn't." Said Jess, who was able to move. She ran to Kai, who's arm was bleeding profusely.

"We have to bandage it up." Said Jess, worryingly.

"Let me try something." Grunted Kai, who was in too much pain, that he was unable to speak properly.

He lifted his working hand and out poured water. He then directed the water which, disobeying the laws of gravity, climbed his arm like a snake and trickled down his wound. Jess was confused at first- but she soon realised what he was doing. His wound had healed rapidly, like he hadn't been damaged at all.

I'm assuming because of the rift opening- he had more control over his power and more potential.

After a few minutes, we were all able to move. Like the other powers, Jess' slime had soon vanished, leaving us all confused and irritated.

There was only one more power left; Lexi. Who had one of the most dangerous ones.

"Why are we even here?" Yelled Lexi to Carol, who was drying her now shadow hair.

"I was drawn here. I knew something was wrong with you guys. I felt it." Said Carol.

"Pffftttt." Hissed Lexi. "Bullshit!"

"Alexa!" Snapped Carol, who's face was full with rage- rage which we had never faced before.

Lexi stopped and slowly stepped away, silently.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" Apologised Lexi to Carol, who was interrupted by a bolt of lightning which slashed the ground ahead of her.

We all stopped dead in our tracks, terrified.

"Y-You did that on purpose." Accused Carol, who's eyes were fixed on Lexi.

Lexi defended herself. "What! No I di-"

Another lightning bolt had hit the ground, this time, out of Lexi's hand.

"I- didn't mean to do that!" Yelled Lexi, who looked down to her palms, in fear and confusion.

Her eyes were glowing more yellow. Like it was charging. I swear I saw them jolt with electricity.

"Your-eyes." Whispered Jess who was also
backing away, with the rest of us.

In a sudden flash, Lightning was shooting out of Lexi's eye like a machine gun firing deadly lasers. "Everyone watch out!" Screamed Carol as she ran back swiftly.

Lexi stumbled around, screaming as if she had no control. Then suddenly it all stopped. She dropped to the floor clutching the dead grass, that was smoking before her eyes. We all ran to her, carefully picking her back up. Her eyes widened up in fear and her mouth was aghast. She looked pure frightened. With her shaking hands she pointed behind us, where the rift was.

We all turned our heads, slowly. Despite not wanting to. It was then, where I saw her for the first time.

Methaya was here...