6-Dreams

I remember thinking 'oh wow.'
Like that's all my brain could respond with. It was as if, it was collapsing on itself. This foundation, that we spent over half a millennium, building.

"So let me get this straight. Milia, the saviour. Who by the way you've been telling us for centuries, how she was considered holy and pure and whatever, is worse than Hitler. " I stated, rhetorically.
"Are you a pathological liar?" Snapped I, while glaring at Carol.

She was speechless and was silently sobbing into her blanket.

"'She will rise'." Recounted Jess.
"How?"

"I'm not familar with that part." Bit Carol sourly.

"Well aren't you useful? Don't you feel bad. I mean, why didn't you tell us?" Snarled Lexi.

"I d-"

"Urgh. Don't tell us you did it to protect us because hell, clearly it isn't going to work out." Said Kai, looking at me suggestively.

I gave him a bitter smirk and rolled my eyes.
I hadn't even thought about that.
I was going to die.
I didn't feel anything. Not sadness nor fear. Why?

Clearly everyone else had forgot too because it was awkwardly silent.
Lexi looked at me and gave me, what looked like an attempted smile, but it was crooked, because that cow isn't used to smiling.
She placed her hand on my shoulder, which I shoved off immediately.

"It's okay you know. It doesn't mean anything." Whispered Lexi. Unfortunately a whisper is echoed amongst silence.

Jess obviously heard it and scoffed.

"What?" Asked Lexi, in her resting bitch-face.

"Didn't you hear her?" Squawked Jess, as she directed her head to Carol.
"She's been feeling death. Stiles and Au- Car-
Her, have been having dreams about it."

"And don't forget my dream." Murmured I.
"It was about this thing-"

"The Marker." Added Lexi. I pulled a face and she grinned, showing all of her teeth.

"Fine. The Marker. It tattooed me with this." I said, as I lifted my sleeve, revealing an outline in my pale skin. It was an arch. Two curved line intersecting and pointing upwards in the middle.

"I don't think that means anything." Stated Carol, as she narrowed her eyes, drowning out
the dirty looks we were giving her.

"And why is that?" I said, through my gritted teeth.

"Well. You've had that since birth. It's a birthmark."

"Well then. Why does he only have it?" Asked Jess, timidly. She still refused to look directly at Carol, fear of being possessed by her voodoo magic. Don't worry. I can relate. Who would want to look at her?

"A Fireine thing. Ember was born with super pale skin, because of his heat within. The mark is simply just a smudge." Said Carol, brushing it off.

I raised my eyebrows.
"A smudge?"

"Well you know what I mean?" Said Carol, as she scowled at me.