4-The Future

The week droned on lazily. I was extremely bitter about the mixed reactions from my family.
I hadn't spoken to anyone, but Kai.

I spent the days enclosed in my room, scared to even sleep, fearing that I'd encounter that thing again.

I tried to delay sleeping as far as I could, yet I kept on falling asleep around midnight but by then, I was too tired to dream.

On Tuesday, the day after the 'Dream', I walked downstairs to see Carol, Lexi and Jess huddled up by the table. They immediately stopped talking, as I walked past them to the kitchen.
It was obvious they were gossiping about me. Probably, them thinking I'm crazy.

On Wednesday and Thursday. I remained upstairs. Kai bought me dinner from downstairs, because I didn't feel too content on seeing snaky bitches.

Friday and Saturday was hectic. I thought to myself. Why was I torturing myself? just because they can't follow common etiquettes
and leave me the fuck alone.

I decided to go downstairs for breakfast. Carol was at work.
She worked as a doctor, for the nearby hospital. Morning shifts. The catch is though, 'nearby' is insanely far. We live in a remote area. It's in the countryside and we live by ourselves.
We try not to get attached to a house, as we move around very often. Every 10 years. Otherwise it would look suspicious for Carol, especially to her co-workers, who would notice she wasn't getting old. Someone had to pay the bills.

I was quite envious of Carol. We all were. She was the only one, out of all of us, who had frequent contact with regular humans. She forbid us to meet or speak to any other humans. She did give us technology, but we weren't allowed to contact anyone or make any friends.
Quite selfish really.

Anyway as I was saying. I walked downstairs and poured me some cereal. Even magical folk gotta eat.
I was eating, happily but then Lexi happened. She waltzed downstairs and bizarrely sat down next to the right of me. Extremely close.

"So. How you doing?" Asked Lexi quirkily, as she leant on her elbow.

"Nothing crazy." I bit, sarcastically.
Lexi rolled her eyes.

"Haven't had any dreams about 'The Marker'." Said Lexi sarcastically, before laughing mockingly.

"The what?" Said I, as I pulled my chair to the left, away from Lexi.

"Oh that's what I decided to name this 'shadow'. Fitting isn't it."

"So you believe me then?" Queried I, eyebrows furrowing.

Lexi smirked. Her eyebrows maliciously narrowed.
"I believe, you were obviously tired and trying to get out of school and frankly I'm quite upset, that I didn't think of it myself." Snarked Lexi.

"So you think I'm faking it. Honestly piss off. I don't need to fake shit like an attention seeker. Like you."

Lexi perked up. Like a raven, she flapped her hands around sassily.
"Excuse me wha-"

"Yeah you heard me. You're a drama queen."
"'Period'." Mocked I, derisively with a high pitch voice. "That is what you say. Right?"
I tilted my head, just to annoy Lexi further.

"Drama queen. Hell I'd love to be a Queen. Wouldn't need a shitty man like you, trying to belittle effeminate women." Hissed Lexi.

I burst out laughing.
"Puh-lease. Don't make this about misogyny. I'm actually very respectful to women." I retorted back, stressing on the word 'women'.

"And I'm what?" Asked Lexi, with one hand in the air and a pouted expression.

"Clearly you're not educated. 'Effeminate' you said? Lexi darling, being a thirsty little bitch, who likes to make everything about her, ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU-" Roared I.