3-Ember

I was always taught that leaders were born out of passion and ambition. Yet I disagree.

I think that leaders are created out of conflict. They are shouldered with the responsibilities, that they were once secluded from.
They push others to be stronger to over-mask the fact that they are weak.
They rise above all, as others line in front of them, dancing to every tune the captain spins.

I was always looked to as a leader. Having to keep the siblings in command, while also being lonely myself.

Yet what was I leading them too? What was this army supposed to battle?

When would the war begin?

-------

I am Ember, the first born. This is the first part of my story. The part that I feel that it is crucial for me to narrate. It's the chapter where it all begins. Think of it as the ingredients, that will be used to bake an even bigger cake. An even tastier story.

Comparable to my siblings, I also have brown hair that flicks backwards, as it sinks behind my ears. It's parted in the middle as it sets into curtains. My eyes too are blue, just a lighter shade. They are a medium size which fits with my semi-pointed nose. My face is naturally pale. Almost like a mixture with white and grey. It's a fireine thing I'm assuming.

As you guessed. Since I'm a Fireine, I can control fire.
Different to my siblings, sometimes I feel that Carol is more strict with me, than any other of my siblings because my powers are too dangerous. One little mistake and I could burn the house down. Fortunately for me, I've never made a mistake.

I sometimes also feel like, I'm shuffled with pressure, despite not asking for it. Carol is most harsh on me and she treats me like I'm a bomb waiting to explode, like she's expecting something. Something that I'm unaware of.

Anyway fire. It's pretty poetic really.
Kai is like a tsunami that balances the entire ocean. A perfect child.
We were the humble fish that swam undetectably, as he directed us. With his untouchable image.

Lexi is feisty. She's bitchy, sassy and she is lightning. Whereas Jess is the complete opposite. She's soft and tender and will bend over backwards for her siblings.

Stiles is Stiles.

Yet what does my power represent? Does it represent the fury that I constantly feel myself battling with? Does it reflect how I'm repeatedly treading on fire, scared to do anything?
Maybe it's violence.
----------

Carol was sitting on my bed, gently stroking my hair as my siblings surrounded her.

"What do you think this is?" Asked Kai nervously, who was now on his feet, staring timidly at Carol.

Carol snapped her neck backward. Her nose flared as she glared at Kai, like she wanted to throw him out the window.
Kai frowned, as he sat back down on his bed, his foot tapping the floor.

"Could it be that he's ill?" Asked Jess.

"Could be. I mean he's showing symptoms of normal flu. Yet you kids are immune to all Earth 1 illnesses. It still doesn't explain, why he won't wake up." Muttered Carol.

"He could just be tired." Said Stiles, as he grinned moronically.

Nobody found him amusing, as Lexi slapped the back of his head.

"You all went to sleep, at the same time, last night. For heaven's sake Stiles, you share a room. I know you physically can't process normal thoughts, but this is an all time low, even for you." Hissed Lexi as she scowled at him.