18-Run

"You have to go. Run!" She said, practically pushing us out on to the street. She gave Jess a bag with some supplies- shoes and clothes. Methaya was here, according to Carol. Her powers messed with our frequency causing ours to act up. It was like a domino- where we all just affected each other.

"What about you Aunt?" Asked Lexi, as she narrowed her eyes.

"I-I have to stay here. I need to do something. You guys work better when you're united.
N- now go. She said, waving, as she fought back tears.

"No. I'm not going to leave you here- not when she can come for you too." I said firmly.

"I'll be fine. You have to go now. Just go- nature will help you. It sounds stupid but nature is the reason why everything is so easy for us. We are bonded by nature." She said rapidly. "But if anything happens to me- I love you. All of you." She said; Voice cracking.

"Aunt." Whimpered Kai.

"Go." She mouthed. We nodded and started to run away from the house.

"And Ember!" She called out. I turned back quickly. "You've got this!" She said with her thumbs in the air.

I laughed heartedly while continuing running.
The safest place we could've gone was to the woods, near our house. We knew that it had a shelter and frankly- it was the only place we knew of.

We arrived to the woods- nearby our house. I say nearby, when in reality it's a bit far. See our house is planted in the middle of a field. There's a couple of hills where past it, is the woods. Behind the house is a single road which leads to the motorway, the city or the fields.

We were running through the trees- not looking back- not talking- and not stopping.
"She's here." That terrified us.

While I ran past the trees. I quickly stopped to look at them but swiftly continued while Kai ran past me. The trees were all grown back. They had withered before. Yet now it was more plentiful and grown.

I ran as grass and branches slapped my face. I couldn't see nothing but I felt pure anxiety. Carol was all behind, by herself- granted I know she wasn't the best yet she's our Aunt. If something were to happen to her-

Lexi called back. "We can't keep on running. We need a plan."

Kai heard and he came back. We were all standing near each other, lacking stamina.

"Shall we go here?" Enquired Lexi, pointing towards an emerald bush- smothered with the faint darkness. It was getting dark again.

"W-w-We-" Jess sank to the ground. "We can't go there. We can't do anything." She said, breaking down.

"Jess.." Consoled Stiles, as he knelt down.

"It's going to be fine." Declared Lexi gently, patting her on the back.

"I-I had so m-much dreams. Yet now it's- I-I'm going- we're going to die." Jess bawled.

"It's getting dark guys, we need somewhere to go and it can't be the fucking jungle." I said, trying to hurry them up.

"There's somewhere we can go. Somewhere we've even slept before. Somewhere- empty."
Said Lexi.

"The forgotten building. The one marked on the map." Said I.

We didn't have the stamina to run. It felt even-longer, the journey. Having to trudge in the darkness.
Jess had finally stopped crying. Yet instead, we all just remained silent. Didn't even bother to look at each other because if we did- it meant that we would have to talk about-it.