5

Harry's POV
It wasn't hard to figure out the first part of my plan, I just get Louis happy and not drop to the floor in the process. Part one should by far be the easiest to complete: make Louis an amazing breakfast in bed. Everybody knows the lad can cook to save his life and since I'm not half bad I'm sure he would appreciate it.

Since Lou didn't get home until  11:30 last night I figured he would sleep in, so around 8:30 turned off the blaring alarm that told me it went time. I actually slept pretty well last night considering I had shooting pain running down my back, but hey I'm not going to question it!

I sat up, immediately I heard a sound resembling the crunching of chips. Was that really my back? The slow, burning ache that followed confirmed it. When I finally got out of bed and placed my feet on the floor my body let out another inhuman sound as my back readjusted to the new position. I quickly put in my sweatpants and a navy blue t-shirt and headed into the kitchen.

The first thing I did was take some Advil, It was safe considering Louis was snoring like a dog in his bedroom. I trapped a glass of water and swallowed  the four pills. When you take Advil as often as me your body gets used to it so the more you take. Once I was sure I'd make it through my morning duties I gathered all my ingredients for my famous cookie dough French toast! I once walked in on Louis eating raw cookie dough from the tub, stating "it's heaven to my taste buds" he's so lucky he didn't get food poisoning from that.

As I started to mix all the wet ingredients together I could feel the soreness emerge from my upper back and decided it was best to use the electric mixer from now on. Once all the ingredients were properly prepared I turned in the stove and prepared the skillet. I dipped the bread into the batter then placed it into the sizzling skillet, making sure to add chocolate chips on the uncooked side before flipping.

Within ten minutes I had a pack of French toast that resembled the leaning Tower of Pisa, maybe I should make two plates before they come crumbling to the ground. I realized I should probably add some fruit to make the plate more decorative so I went to the pride and picked out raspberries, blueberries, small oranges, and an apple.

I got out the cutting board and started chopping up the oranges and apples, I got through the oranges and spread them prettily across both plates. I started to put the apples, however, when I pressed down onto the knife I could feel the pressure building up in my spine threatening to unleash if I wasn't careful. I ended up throwing the apple into the garbage so Louis wouldn't question a half-cut apple laying out on the counter. Lastly, I placed the rest of the fruit and poured a little syrup into a container so it wouldn't spill when I was carrying it.

Oh, and how could I ever forget TEA! If I made Louis breakfast without tea he would kill me. I certainly needed tea for this to work in my favor. I quickly filled the kettle and placed it on the stove. As soon as it whistled I grabbed  Louis' favorite mug, a ship following a compass flees path through the ocean, and poured the hot water in, followed by a teabag. I generally laced the mug on the tray with the rest of the food, ready to take it to Louis' room.

"Whatcha got there" the sound of his voice sent my body into panic mode, flinching so fast I almost dropped all of the breakfast I spent the last hour making.

" oh, hi Lou I dint realize you were up yet. I just made us some breakfast since you seemed to have a rough night last night." I tried to keep my face neutral but still attempting to give him a sincere small smile.

"Thank you, you really didn't have to though"

"Don't worry about it, now let's eat this food before it goes cold!"

Louis took his plate and sat down at the breakfast counter right in front of me and started eating. I didn't know what to do so I just stayed where I was, eating my food while standing up, but man how I longed to sit in one of those chairs. I felt like I had an elephant sitting on top of my shoulders pressing my whole down. It took everything in me to not move every few seconds to get comfortable.

Louis POV

I woke up to the smell of warming vanilla sugar traveling throughout the apartment. Harry was cooking! I quickly threw on my hoodie and sweats and headed for the kitchen. Once I arrived in the kitchen I stayed in the arch of the doorway admiring how the sunlight illuminated Harry's features.

I watched him as he rushed to make my tea, it filled my heart to know that he knew my favorite mug, favorite flavor of tea and that he even knew how to use the tea kettle. The lovely scent had made my stomach grumble so I decided it was probably a good time to finish my journey to the kitchen.

"Whatcha got there?" I asked Harry, after all, I had a right to know what beautiful scent was fueling my hunger. I must have startled him because he almost dropped a tray of food.

" oh hi, I made breakfast." Harry squeaked out, his face looked like when a little kid does something wrong that their parents don't know about so they act all innocent, so innocent that you know they did something bad.  I tried to ignore it so I just followed Harry's directions and started to eat my plate of food.

" omg, Harry this is absolutely incredible! What is this! I feel like it's fit for the Queen to eat, ohh maybe you should become a chef for the royal family! You could also be their royal photographer, nobody takes as good of photos of you. It's a two for one special!'

Harry was staring off into space, I don't think he caught a word of what I just said. " Harry" I waved my hand a little. "HARRY! Earth to Harry"

He seemed to snap back into reality saying "that would be cool" why was Harry being weird? Maybe it was because he was standing while eating, I mean what loon stands to eat his breakfast?   " why don't you come to sit in the other chair and eat instead of standing" Harry seemed to be relieved at my suggestion, within a minute he was sitting right next to me.

It was because of how close our chairs were where I could see I way Harry's entire body sank into the chair, relaxing as if he got rid of a massive weight connected to him. It also allowed me to hear what I think was a soft crackle sound, but maybe that was just the chair and not Harry's back.

I continued eating my breakfast, mostly silently, my eyes roaming around the apartment looking for a topic of conversation. Usually, Harry and I can talk for hours but right now it feels like when you're in middle school and someone tells your crush you like them and suddenly the whole room goes silent.

It was at that moment I saw it.  Laid out next to the toaster was a bottle of Advil, the cap sitting right next to it.