7

Louis POV

I've played football ever since I was little, it always helps me destress and clear my mind so playing today should be helpful. Plus I absolutely love meeting with the boys, I don't have to worry about playing too much or hard, the only thing I really have to worry about is if Niall is going to eat anything with a spoon. You see everything you turn around Niall has something new to eat, the only problem with this is that Liam is deathly afraid of spoons. And where that came from I have no bloody idea.

The fresh air on the way to the field had already taken effect on me, calming the nerves in my body so by the time I actually got there and saw the lads you would have never known I was upset.

"Hey what's up man" Liam embraced me in a hug then looked around for something.

" You didn't bring Harry? That's a bit odd" I kinda forgot to mention that this was supposed to be a big group thing with all four of us but I'm definitely not letting Harry play Football.

" oh yeah he came down with a bad headache and allergies so he's just resting today"  both the boys nodded in response. Niall adding in "  and Lou didn't stay home to take care of him, how will he ever get better" in a mocking baby tone"

" Oh shut up" I punched his shoulder then dropped the ball and started running signaling the start of our game. " I'm still waiting for that wedding invite mate!" Niall called after me.

I mean it's no secret that both Harry and I are gay, I tried some things with a few girls but it just didn't feel right. Harry won't even go down that lane though. There's no doubt that I absolutely love Harry, none at all, but how could I risk messing things up with him if I tell him how I feel and lose him? Niall and Liam are convinced we are in a secret relationship and just aren't telling anyone, but how could we be in a relationship when Harry can't even tell me the truth?

I gladly let my mind stop thinking about everything Harry related and just focused on the game, the boys must have practiced a slot lately, they have me running around all over the field today, I'm definitely realizing I'm probably out of shape, yikes.

I was expecting the ball back but when it had been almost a minute I decided to check what was taking so long.

I felt steam coming out of my ears and my face heats up like a volcano. I jogged over quickly to where all three boys were standing, making sure to be far enough away from Harry so as not to sucker punch him to the ground for coming. He shot me a glare, he obviously knew I didn't want him here and he came anyway. Almost as if to prove my thoughts Harry kicked the ball to me externally hard, harder than anyone's ever passed to me before. I shot him a glare back. It's on now.

We all decided to play two on two since we now had four people. I took Niall in my team and left Harry with Liam, one because Liam was better than Nail so he could basically play by himself, two because I couldn't trust myself with Harry right now especially when I have a football at my feet.

My plan was to only pass to Niall when Liam was close and Harry was far away or when I knew Harry couldn't intercept the pass, hopefully, this way I could keep Harry from running too much.

I must have been concentrating too hard because Niall kept bugging me about how I need to loosen up. Would he be loosened up if the only person he's ever truly loved is in pain and refusing to admit it, then trying to prove he's fine and making it worse and he won't let you help? Niall needs to tighten up.

I completely lost track of time but it must have been a while because all of us started heading to the break center. Nobody was keeping track of the score but we all knew that me and Niall were technically winning.

"Hey, Tommo next time maybe could you just give us some passes" Liam jokingly teased, everybody laughed, everybody except for Harry who followed the comment by saying " you know I can't handle a bit of football right, I'm no four"  our eyes meet with a fighting battle, neither of us looking away until Niall spoke " although you act like it sometimes, Louis always taking care of you" we both snapped our heads towards him and he just started making a heart with his hands and giving lovey-dovey eyes at the both of us.

Liam, was the smarter one to realize something was actually wrong between me and Harry " What hell is wrong with the both of you? Whatever it is just let it go so we can play a normal game" I looked away in embarrassment as technically he was right. If I let Harry play then maybe he'll realize he can't actually play and get over this silly little act.

I pulled out my phone to check my messages and holy avocados, it was already 7:35 pm I was supposed to me at my mum's for dinner five minutes ago. I grabbed my bag and dashed to the gate yelling out to the boys that I was late for a family dinner.

I quickly ran into the apartment needing a change of clothes in as little time as possible. I threw my bag into the living room, it's contents spilling out all over the room, opened the laundry machine and filigree through the clean clothes until I found something suitable to wear, leaving the rest in a pile on the floor. I changed my shoes globing them off my feet, one shoe nicked over a glass of juice that was leftover from breakfast but I didn't have time to clean it up right now. I pulled my jacket off of the chair and headed out the door, making sure to lock it.
Harry's POV

I quickly realized Louis retaliating against new fire coming because its been ten minutes and he hasn't passed the ball to anyone unless I'm not around. Liam didn't seem to notice. He continued playing as always, sometimes making comments about how Louis suddenly got a lot better with ball control since I came. I couldn't contain my eye roll, that was all the evidence I needed to confront Louis.

I told Liam we should probably take a break after I felt like we've been playing for ages, I could already see the faint outline of the stars appearing in the sky.
As soon as all of us made it to the break center we all sat on one bench to take a breather. Thankfully Liam started what I needed to finish, although I don't think he meant to.

" you know I can play football, I'm not four Louis" I looked him dead in the eye so he could feel my frustration. Niall interrupted the battle when he called me Louis' baby. If it wasn't for Liam I would have punched Niall and full-on beat-up Louis just to prove I wasn't a baby, especially Louis'.

The next thing I knew, Louis was running like a mad man, yelling about being late for something. Honestly, I was just glad he left. I turned to Niall and Liam " Just so you two know I'm not Louis' baby for crying out loud" both just laughed " of course you're not" I smiled thinking I won them over. " You two are just denying your feelings" Niall laughed while Liam was dead serious.

You have to be kidding me.  How could I ever have feelings for someone who doesn't even trust me? But I'm not going to lie, Louis is definitely hot.

I picked up the ball and went back to the field calling the guys so we could finish the game. They soon followed suit. I felt so normal for the first time in so long, I wasn't being treated as if I was breakable. I was just another normal college student. I wish I could savor this moment forever.

Of course, my body wouldn't let me do that, I guess I went numb from the cold outside and the endless thoughts keeping my brain busy, because just when I felt relaxed an unearthly pain shot through my back and through my lungs causing me to lean over and out my hands on my knees to keep from falling over.

Liam shot me a glance, " my headaches coming back, I should probably get going before it gets worse." Both the boys looked exhausted so they didn't put up a fight in the idea of calling it quits for the night.

I started my walk home but all I wanted to do was sit down and rest. I feel like I got hit with a truck, however, if Niall or Liam was me sitting on a bench they might just call Louis and tell him I got sick or so thing and that's the absolute last thing I need. I also don't think I would be able to get back up if I sat down so I just made the pain-filled trek back to the apartment.

I have never been so relieved to see my front door, as soon as I was inside I could relax without worrying about someone questioning me and I could also take some meds for the fire that's reaching through my spine. I took my keys out and pushed the door open with the lightest force I could. Bloody hell, what in God's tarnation did Louis do to this place?