36

Harry's POV

I haven't been this excited in months. It's one of the rarest days of the year, the sun is out and about with not a single cloud in the sky and not a single raindrop has fallen from the sky today.

All my bags are packed and loaded onto a fancy little trolley that can be taken on the elevator so I don't have to make multiple trips from my room to the car. All my nurses and doctors gathered around the desk in the center of the inpatient rooms to say goodbye to me. I never thought that it would be hard to leave this place, but in a way, this place became like a second home and these people became like a second family. I stood at the center of everyone taking in this place one last time.

I go up to each nurse that has worked with me and give them a hug as I thank them for all of their hard work. I leave Mrs. Perrier for last, she has been the best person to be around during everything, she is also the only nurse that has taken care of me from day one seeing the bad and the ugly.

" I owe you so much Mrs.Perrie, thank you for dealing with me when I was an absolute tragedy."

"Of course, you're not a bad person once the shock and medicine wore off you know."

I laughed a little and made a face at the memories of all the things I did within the first week of my recovery.

"Yeah, but I did some pretty wacky things that first week."

"No need to remind me of it, it's all clear to me." We laughed harder mainly her remembering things that I don't and me from the embarrassment of not knowing exactly what I did. The only thing I really remember from that first week was the night that I woke up holding Louis in my hand and the day I screamed at him to leave. The guilt from that day has never left me.

I pulled Mrs. Perrier into a hug and thanked her one last time. When I let go I turned to put my hand on the trolley.

"You ready to go?" mom was patiently waiting for me near the elevator.

"Yeah, I'm coming!"

I gave everyone one last smile and a wave as another nurse started to push the trolley for me to meet my mother.

"Harry!" Mrs. Perrier came running back up to me

"Yeah?"

" He's not mad at you. I promised him I wouldn't say anything but he's not mad at you, not at all." I knew who she was talking about. I had told her why I always kept the curtain closed at night and the reason why I had a pink blanket. She had also been in the room when everything went down.

"Thank You." My eyes laced with a slight film of tears as my lips formed a soft, generous smile.

She gave me a nod and then turned back around and headed to her nurse station as I walked into the elevator and traveled down the seven hospital floors to the entrance.

When we got out mom went to get the car and pull it around to the entrance. I stood just outside the automatic doors with the nurse to help bring down the trolly for not more than two minutes before mom was pulling up in her car. She piped the trunk and we all began to put the bags in the back of the car. I took my light duffel bag knowing I would get in trouble if I tried to lift anything heavier than it and my mom grabbed her bag and the bag of toiletries as our little helper grabbed the boxes of photos and got well soon cards and placed them in the back as well. I gave him a tip before I hopped in the passenger seat of the car.

"Are you ready to go home?"

" I've never been so excited before."

Traffic was unusually heavy today as it is rush hour and so many people are out enjoying the weather messing up the traffic lights so they can cross the streets.